Author Topic: Finally, SAS'ed the Migo... and she sits.....  (Read 303866 times)

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
Me too, Jon, me too! It's not looking too promising.... Looks like the alternator went out again (I just replaced the alternator like, 2 miles ago :doh: But it was really about 6 years ago. I left a bad battery hooked up and now I can't keep it running. It needs some big time TLC :down:
Quit buying your parts a Pep Boys, Manny and Moe do not know Jack!!

David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
OOPS, I believe I got this one from AZ :doh:

Guys, thanks for the love :love: I'd love to have a Migo work party. Funny I was just talking to a friend about getting it going this summer. The poor thing needs a lot of love, though.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
The awesome thing needs a lot of love, though.

You have a lot of friends.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
:love: Thanks Mike :ladys-man:

GUESS WHAT I DROVE TODAY?!!!!

I drove BOTH of mis amigos! So yeah, the alt is most likely bad, but a good battery is good enough to move it around as needed for now. Meanwhile, I got my stepdad's blessing to use his welder if we plan a Migo party here. I guess I should start a list... even though I got all the pics to SHOW what needs to be done.

The new Migo.... well, I let it run for awhile today but I'm pretty sure I blew the motor when I parked it. It sounds like there is no exhaust, and there's no power at all. It still fires right up and drives but it's gutless. Booooo :( 

Rumor has it there is a CORVA convention at Frank Raines SVRA here in the canyon in April. A neighbor of mine told me it's coming up on the 5th, but I can't find any info on it on the CORVA website. :headscratch: Anyone have any insider info to confirm this?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Wish I lived closer I would be there to help my Marlin sister!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Wish I lived closer I would be there to help my Marlin sister!!

Aw thank you :smooch: That would be pretty cool!! How 'bout a roundup? :hyper:

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
That might actually be possible next year.  Its not in the cards this year.  The Outdoor School Program that I have been volunteering at for the last 14 years, is basically no longer.  And MCR happens at almost the same time.  But now the owner of the program has retired, and has left the future of the program up to the schools.  And from what I am hearing, the program is done.  Which breaks my heart, cause it was the best Outdoor School program.  I've spent time at others, and this was the best.  But I understand why.  At the same time I'm heart broken, but relieved.  Which now gives me a chance to go to MCR and see my friends!!

This year is a no go.  Since I already have a trip planned to Cali in June.   Finally got the MIL and her sister to deal with some ashes of family members.  They have been in my garage for the last 15 years.  Can't really afford to go, but we didn't get to see family down there last year, and there is new babies we need to see.  And ashes to spread!!

But 2015 is a for sure for me to go to MCR!! 

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
If I didn't have so much stuff already going on in my driveway, I'd say just drop it off and leave beer and money for parts. I am working on clearing out big projects this year too...so you never know when that could happen. Either way, a wrenching party is still fun.  :cheese:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Aw thank you :smooch: That would be pretty cool!! How 'bout a roundup? :hyper:

I might go? :gap:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Cheesy, what a bummer that the program is shutting down. We used to have the group home for at-risk youth and we were forced to close our doors as well. The backbone of the corporation (my grandma) passed away and even though the family tried to keep it going, our efforts weren't enough when the state started doing away with group homes.

RS, :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Tommy, I'm considering saving up some $$ when I do get a job and just hiring someone to get the Migo going. I don't have the place nor the tools anymore to do it :down: If we did a work party here, we'd have to use my stepdad's tools (he already said it's alright), but I'm kinda missing my independence :doh:

:smooch:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
I never show up empty handed to a work party. I have plenty of tools to bring "just in case".  :thumbs:

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :worthless:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
No kidding! I'm a little concerned.... stepdad tried to move it and said it wouldn't start. Well, it would start and not stay running. I'm kinda worried what he did to it trying to get it to run. Turns out I'm pretty sure it's out of gas :doh:

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Probably just needs fresh gas at that.  :ack: :spankbutt: :disturbed:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Well, I guess it's time to break the news: I sold the Amigo. :rivers: :down: :tantrum:  :sad2: :outtahere:

I'm so sad over it. I had a ticket I had to pay, and I also have come to the conclusion that WHEN I start wheelin' again, I want to go wheelin'. Not wrench for a few weeks to go wheelin'. My priorities are different now with a 4 year old in tow. Some day I will have another rig - heck, I might even get my ol' Ford back :crossed: Right now is just not the time though. Times are super tough, and that career I'm still searching for is just eluding me.

So long old friend. I loved that thing. :down:

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
I hear ya Justina!  You have one kid, try having 3!  I keep staring at all the parts I have in my shop, and wondering if I will ever get my truck built?  Its a frustrating  feeling that when you have kids, you have to put all your dreams on hold. 

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Thanks..... I was one of 3 so I can only imagine how being a parent of 3 is! Katie cried when I sold the Amigo - she was so mad. I did promise her some day we'll have another one but right now it's just not in the cards for us.

On a different note, the guy didn't want any of the spare parts. So I have bins and bins of driveshafts, driveshaft parts, axle parts, and just.... stuff. Even an extra third member.

Wainiha

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 743
  • Male Posts: 1,170
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
Who doesn't want spare parts?  Weird.
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
 :down: :rivers: :sad2:

helipilot77

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1018
  • Male Posts: 1,730
  • Member since Jul '12
  • Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
    • My build thread
I think that your signature is very appropriate in this situation. I think your sacrifice will eventually be rewarded and before long you will have another rig to RELIABLY take you out wheeling.
-1987 SR5 4runner, 1KZ-t turbo diesel with mech. pump
 & custom 3" S.S. dump pipe, R-151f transmission, marlin dual ultimate transfer cases w/ triple shifter, SAS, 35's https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=98969.0
-1984 SR5 Tercel 4wd wagon bone stock - given to my nephew https://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=100547.0
-1:10 scale RC 4wd crawler w/yota axles, R2 2 speed enclosed dig tranny and 1st gen 4Runner body by BigBird
-My front axle service write-up http://board.marlincrawler.com/i

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3749
  • Male Posts: 2,855
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Family comes first!
Time to go wheelin!

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
 :down: :therethere: :smooch:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2243
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Bummer but also amazed that you took this step. I too suffer from vehicle sentimentalism and know that was a MASSIVE decision on your part.

I think that your signature is very appropriate in this situation. I think your sacrifice will eventually be rewarded and before long you will have another rig to RELIABLY take you out wheeling.
X2!

Here's to your bright and amazing future Justina! :beerchug:

Regards,
BigMike
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Don't forget you still have a W transmission sitting at Marlin's shop to go with all those other spare parts for your next rig.  We did talk once about doing a Rodeo, remember, Justina? Maybe it's that time? :shades:

ninja turtle

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 38
  • Male Posts: 1,072
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
Don't forget you still have a W transmission sitting at Marlin's shop to go with all those other spare parts for your next rig.  We did talk once about doing a Rodeo, remember, Justina? Maybe it's that time? :shades:

I'm in. I'm sure I have a pile of parts to help the cause. I'm down for a work party too.

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Moving on from a favorite vehicle is always a bummer.  :therethere:

Having said that, as much as I love the Suzuki look I am personally glad to see you moving on from the Migo.  You seem to hang with the Toyota crowd and it's far easier to build a Toyota going forward than trying to hybrid build another brand.  Save your coins and look for a truck or 4Runner that you can go with the standard Toyota build on.  Just hang onto at least one working transfer case, transmission, and that 3rd member and put them in your "hope chest" for the next toy.  You have lots of friends that will likely keep their eyes open for the perfect rig for you.  You'll get there.

:driving:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Cheesemaker

• Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
So many good thing said.  I had a 78 El Camino that was my first car, and I love that car/truck.  I wheeled/drifted/raced it, and it never failed me.  But after 14 years of having fun with it, and seriously neglecting it, I finally had to sell it.  That was a very sad day, but it wasn't doing it any good, just sitting there doing nothing. 

And your Migo was in the same boat.  Because I learned one thing about vehicles, they need to be driven.  Not once a year, but at least once a month.  A vehicle is like a living thing.  It needs it life blood circulating, and charging.  Or when you do go to drive them after sitting for years, it costs you money to get them running good again, only to let them sit for years again.  Because things corrode, oxidize and gas/oils go bad. 

So, a clean slate that you and Katie can save up for, and build together.  Would be a very cool new start.  And like others have said, a nice 4Runner, or extra cab, and things would go together easier.  Plus, you could use them on a daily basis when needed.  Save your parts, and start a nice fund that Katie could help you put change or bills into.  I have a 1 gallon plastic gas can that I put all my change into, and then get that exchanged for bills.  And those bills get put into the gun safe.  Until I have enough to buy something. Or if a good deal comes up, that you can't pass up.  Plus, you can give Katie a great lesson on the value of a dollar.  Which most kids today don't know.

So, cheers for you stepping up, and doing what you had to do.  It's not the end, its the beginning and a clean slate.

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
 :biggthumpup: 4 Runner would be the only way you could go since they are the best  :cheese: you and Katie can sleep in it if ya had to and they are awesome . . . but I may be partial to the 4 Runnners  :rofl2: hell Jason (Blackdog) went years with IFS so you wont have to do that, Thadd (Wermy) rides 31's so ya dont have to worry about that, clearly you dont need shocks . . . you proved that  :yupyup: stock runner or Ex Cab Truck with gears should do it just fine, make sure you go in with others that can help ya get through the hard spots  . . . .  :clap2: :usa: :beerchug:
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 07:44:34 PM by *** YELLER *** »
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
:biggthumpup: 4 Runner would be the only way you could go since they are the best  :cheese: you and Kati can sleep in it if ya had to and they are awesome . . . but I may be partial to the 4 Runnners  :rofl2: hell Jason (Blackdog) went years with IFS so you wont have to do that, Thadd (Wermy) rides 31's so ya dont have to worry about that, clearly you dont need shocks . . . you proved that  :yupyup: stock runner or Ex Cab Truck with gears should do it just fine, make sure you go in with others that can help ya get through the hard spots  . . . .  :clap2: :usa: :beerchug:

:slap:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved