Author Topic: cherokee vacum line troubles  (Read 2013 times)

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
cherokee vacum line troubles
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 12:43:55 PM »
I have a vacuum line hanging from the passenger side frame rail just behind the front axle there is a second line next to it that runs to the axle I look around there but can't find a connection point or anything anyone have a thought
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: cherokee vacum line troubles
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:51:08 PM »
When I had some vacuum ine trouble, I had my buddy bring his truck over.  If I were you I'd see if I could find a cherokee about the same specs, and check theirs out. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

rockscrambler [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
thanks for the response BD I work for a police impound in Los Angeles and we have all kinds of vehicles sitting out there 1st thing
did that . there is one on the storage lot right now the lines are not there but it is a 95 so 11 years newer and I don't know anyone that owns a early 80's Cherokee .
 any of you out there that own a xj or mj early 80's your assistance would be greatly appreciated
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

rockscrambler [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
Re: cherokee vacum line troubles
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2005, 05:29:32 AM »
got it.  :snare:  front axle actuator. it's broken  :down:  and where the line connects to is still attached to the line it is just such a clean break it didn't look broken. but thanx BD and anyone else that was look for the answer for me  :thumbs: