• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Female Posts: 222
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I LOVE PINK SOO MUCH
    • View Profile
camo
« on: Dec 09, 2005, 10:04:51 PM »
 :down: im wonder ive anyone has any tips on camo-ing..i really have no idea where to start...pleasae  :help:
~*~*Stevany*~*~

Silly boys, trucks are for girls!

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
Re: camo
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2005, 10:24:47 PM »
depend's on what kinda camo look you want
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

PinkToyota [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I LOVE PINK SOO MUCH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2005, 10:55:37 PM »
like the normal big spots like yeah know whatever..and im doing black, gray, white and pink..with white as the background color because the truck is white..im wondering hot i make the spots of it and how i dont get over spary everywhere
~*~*Stevany*~*~

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2005, 11:55:25 PM »
i know napa auto parts sells CAMO paint... the greeys, black, etc....

its pretty much freehand..... look at dirtbags truck for ideas
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2005, 12:23:35 AM »
how come i'm the only one that gets crap for wanting to put pink on my truck! I say good for you! We need more pink around here! :thumbs:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2005, 01:05:02 AM »
 :psss:  pm camoyota, his is done like it sounds like you wanna do yours....does that makes sense to anybody but me?  So lemme get this straight, none of the girls are actually gonna paint their truck pink, just highlights?  So does this mean I'm gonna hafta man up and paint mine pink?  Cause I'll do it y'know  :qtip:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2005, 08:51:34 AM »
 :slap: Alyssa, you didn't give me a chance to get in here!!

cam·ou·flage
n.
1. The method or result of concealing personnel or equipment from an enemy by making them appear to be part of the natural surroundings.

2. Concealment by disguise or protective coloring.

3. Fabric or a garment dyed in splotches of green, brown, tan, and black so as to make the wearer indistinguishable from the surrounding environment.

By definition, pink is not camouflage (unless, perhaps, you're driving through Miami)

and btw :psss: I do love pink, but I'm not into it on vehicles, but that's just me. To each their own but I still say if you are going to put pink on your trucks they better perform or you've just got a wussie pink girly truck.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2005, 09:00:56 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2005, 08:59:51 AM »
But pink or not, if you are gonig to do it, you want it to be right!

PT, I found this... it might help you out, they have patterns.

http://www.industryfigure.com/berkeley/camo.htm 

and of course :worthless:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:04:11 AM »
what are you going to blend into if your pink????? my daugters room?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:05:20 AM »
LMAO!!! That's why I suggested maybe jungle warfare in Miami, they have all those gawdawful pink buildings! :rofl2:

Where is the Mammoth?

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:33:35 AM »
well  let's see pink camouflage? now that's an oxymoron if ever I heard one . but if thats what you want  :thumbs: you go girl/boy  and yes you start with your base In your case white and then whichever color you want to be the next largest area and then free hand spots so on and on
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2005, 02:54:55 PM »
 :headscratch: What, you guys have never seen the Pink Hills Nat. Park? :rofl2:

Now this is camo'ed but only if he parks it on a golf course, people think it's a small hill with a bunch of divits that didn't get put back. :gap:

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2005, 03:00:14 PM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:10:05 PM »
well  let's see pink camouflage? now that's an oxymoron if ever I heard one .

Not as much of an oxymoron than urban camo.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2005, 03:20:40 PM »
Here's some examples of pink camo for you...

Go here:  http://blindkat.hegewisch.net/lrdg/camo.html  for more of these and info-

more...

IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

PinkToyota [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I LOVE PINK SOO MUCH
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2005, 06:55:09 PM »
 :bowdown:  thanks a bunch..anyone else? im still kinda lost on how i make the pattern..just go at it with the rattle can...and over spary gets everywhere?? i donno...i donno how to mask it off. im just retarded...just kidding..i just wanna try to do it right.
~*~*Stevany*~*~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2005, 07:12:17 PM »
You do not want to do it wrong PT. I am sure there are guys here that have experience and willl help you do it right. You do not want bad pink camo.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2005, 07:13:26 PM »
:headscratch: What, you guys have never seen the Pink Hills Nat. Park? :rofl2:

Now this is camo'ed but only if he parks it on a golf course, people think it's a small hill with a bunch of divits that didn't get put back. :gap:

He is only camoed on NOTHING, that is very :stopit:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2005, 09:44:23 PM »
oh oh i know lay a bra across a fender then mask off the outline then move the bra and paint it pink,  when you un-mask it  it'll look great  ::)
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:21:11 PM »
:bowdown:  thanks a bunch..anyone else? im still kinda lost on how i make the pattern..just go at it with the rattle can...and over spary gets everywhere?? i donno...i donno how to mask it off. im just retarded...just kidding..i just wanna try to do it right.

This would probably be the easiest type to do.  You would have to do the entire truck in that pale powdery pink color, then you could mark off the squigly lines for the other colors.  Use the spray can to make a wide band of tan along your drawn out pattern.  Then go over the tan with a skinnier band of a medium grey paint.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

PinkToyota [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I LOVE PINK SOO MUCH
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:28:30 PM »
so pretty much you guys are telling me this is ganna be a b***h...eh maybe ill make my friend do and ill watch tell i figure out what im doing :therethere:
~*~*Stevany*~*~

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:36:09 PM »
Well, watchin is easier than doin..
RIP KYOTA

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2005, 10:52:03 PM »
so pretty much you guys are telling me this is ganna be a b***h...eh maybe ill make my friend do and ill watch tell i figure out what im doing :therethere:

What I just described don't seem too hard.  You don't need patterns or anything...just use the example truck shown.  It is freehand so you cant really mess up.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:42:07 PM »
It depends if you want clear lines or if you want it to look blended a little.  I camo'd some stuff and just used long strokes with different colors till everything was covered. It looked pretty good.... more of a smaller print, and it wasn't perfect, but hey, who's wheeler is perfect anyway?  ???
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2005, 01:49:27 AM »
:bowdown: thanks a bunch..anyone else? im still kinda lost on how i make the pattern..just go at it with the rattle can...and over spary gets everywhere?? i donno...i donno how to mask it off. im just retarded...just kidding..i just wanna try to do it right.
no thats the point true camo is one color blending into the next but if you want clean lines just free hand masking tape around too make whatever shape you want or happen to make then spray. you can go to any paint supply and some hardware stores and buy rolls of paper with the tape already attached or you can buy the tape and paper separate for half the cost. Ive done my research as I intend on doing a camo paint job on the scrambler when I get around to painting it . but I am free handing everything and if I can get my hands on some I will use military carc paint which is what we used to paint the vehicles while I was in the National Guard it is very durable and rust resistant  .  but sorry it does not come in pink  :nonono:
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:04:34 AM »
RS, as a leading, card carrying member of PETA I must say that your avatar looks YUMMAY!   :ha_ha:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:15:40 AM »
Not as much of an oxymoron than urban camo.
Just as much of an oxymoron. they are both oxymoron's. Who said urban camo? I suggested jungle warfare in Miami. :rofl:
Personally, I see camo on beat up trucks around here. Unless it is done with clean lines and done well on that nice truck, especially in the colors you are suggestomg, it's going to look like :puke4:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:36:33 AM »
Just as much of an oxymoron. they are both oxymoron's. Who said urban camo? I suggested jungle warfare in Miami. :rofl:
Personally, I see camo on beat up trucks around here. Unless it is done with clean lines and done well on that nice truck, especially in the colors you are suggestomg, it's going to look like :puke4:

do they have pink flamigo's on the side of there trucks so the blend in :rofl2:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since May '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:37:50 AM »
RS, as a leading, card carrying member of PETA I must say that your avatar looks YUMMAY! :ha_ha:
yea I'm a member of PETA also  :psss:  so it's not PEOPLE EATING TINY ANIMALS?  :psss:  ETHICAL TREATMENT? sorry nevermind  :outtahere:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:30:29 AM »
:rofl:

CTENG in KS

• Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #29 on: Dec 11, 2005, 12:45:44 PM »
I think it is People for the Eating of Tasty Animals   :disturbed: