Author Topic: 89 toy std shortbed delux, needs lift+flex, What are my options  (Read 5319 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Im just trying to find out what I need to do a SAS and fit 35s info on  using rear on front spring setup and 63 inch chevy springs, plus ive got a thread looking for parts needed, also, no body lift sugestions please, or fender trims, It must fit 35s though, shouldnt be too hard. so what do I need to do
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2005, 04:59:34 PM by billybobf »
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2005, 10:37:07 PM by cruzila »

kyle_22r

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 530
  • Male Posts: 1,233
  • Member since Dec '03
  • yellow beast
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2005, 10:48:26 PM by cruzila »

KWP

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 878
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Ghost Hunter
    • View Profile
    • East Central Oklahoma Paranormal Society
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2005, 10:45:46 PM by cruzila »
88 Toyota truck ( Under Construction ) Dana 60's front and rear 5.38's, welded diffs, 3inch Downey rears up front,one link rear with aerostar coils rolling on 39.5x16.50/17 Pittbull Rockers and 17x9 Pro Comp extreme alloys.http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=40816.0

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
There are a few combos you can put in the front to go with the chevys. there are the wrangler lift Ranchos 44044, stock rears are popular, or you can hunt a junk yard to find spring packs and build a set yourself.
If you plan on doing gears and a lift I'd bet you be wheeling in no time.

Personally, I think 35's will get you anywhere you need to go. Anything bigger is asking to break stuff. That is from experience.

Scott
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Since it sounds like you are looking for more show than go, I would go mainstream on the lift, maybe skycrapper? Hahaha, why woudl you waste your time doing a SAS to run mud and snow? :smack:
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Dont sas your rig if you are scared to truly wheel it or get a bit of body damage...
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
What are you really wanting to do with this truck? Maybe you should just drive it stock for a while and get used to driving the truck.  I wheeled the hell out of my truck [stock] for a year and got a much better appreciation for what it can do off road.  Driving experience says a lot.  Find some people that know WTF they're talkin' bout. I know yer young so that might be hard. That being said, take it one step at a time.  A built truck does'nt happen overnight.  Educate yourself as much as possible on each subject before jumping to conclusions.  Each person should build their truck with their OWN intentions in mind no matter what that may be. Good Luck.  :thumbs:  :welcome:

also, get rid of your "step bars" they'll get ripped off when you go off-road.
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
see thats the funny part, i never said you werent welcome you decided that all on your own......

if you can fined where i said you arent welcome i will paypal you $100 immediately
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
no it seems more too me that judging by the fact that you deleted all your posts that you made it very clear that you don't really want help you just want to cause havoc and run . if you truly want advice and help without the  :flamer: this is a good place to find it . if not like jimbo said don't stop with your posts delete your profile too.
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
billybobf, dude don't just leave like that. 
We were just flipping ya :pokinit:.  You honestly wont find too many places that are as friendly as MarlinCrawler.

I will tell you, I was just being stubborn, i don't like the Idea of what you are trying to build but thats my opinion, and that ain't :pokinit:.

All I can ask is not to leave because someone flamed your idea.  Only advice I could give is read, read, read.  Read as much as you can and learn, the more you know the least amount of questions you have to ask. 
I realize asking is the whole part of  learning, just don't turn tail and run when someone blows up your skirt.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Dont sas your rig if you are scared to truly wheel it or get a bit of body damage...
theres nothing wrong with a clean body :slap:    and i believe he wanted to do the SAS for the dependability,  IFS and 35's and a heavy right foot dont mix

i have a buddy with a chevy 2500 4x4  :dunno:  whats the number  Z71 :headscratch:   anyway  he's a carpenter and getting around on job sites with 305-75-16's :headscratch:  i think thats it,  close to 33 inch,  anyway hes broken the left axle 3 times and the right 2 times,   anytime he grabs traction the shafts POP, 

in my opinion, he could get some stock rears  and some 2wd leafs from a S10 or 2wd toy and make a set that will give 4-5 inches of lift and get the histeer and jigs from Marlin and be done
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
whats too bad is I just got rid of a complete 92 2wd pickup, well, mostly complete, it had alot of body damage to the cab and bed, but my friend ended up with some nice new doors, a new rear window new fenders and a hood, and I ended up with a w-55 I think it is, I wish I would have known a little more about what I was doing, I even threw away a second set of rear springs that I carried out of a junkyard  on a 25 dollars carry out, I also got some dash parts and the a/c box under the dash, man I wish I would have kept that stuff, anyways Im not giving up my account becuase I still feel there is alot to learn here, even if it is just watching and reading, but maybe later I will keep adding more posts, thanks for the advice coyote
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
anytime billybobf,  now  just keep it clean and everybody play nice or i'll have to sic Cruzila on ya :spankbutt:  oh wait thats MWM's favorite smilie :slap:  there thats better
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
whats too bad is I just got rid of a complete 92 2wd pickup, well, mostly complete, it had alot of body damage to the cab and bed, but my friend ended up with some nice new doors, a new rear window new fenders and a hood, and I ended up with a w-55 I think it is, I wish I would have known a little more about what I was doing, I even threw away a second set of rear springs that I carried out of a junkyard on a 25 dollars carry out, I also got some dash parts and the a/c box under the dash, man I wish I would have kept that stuff, anyways I'm not giving up my account because I still feel there is alot to learn here, even if it is just watching and reading, but maybe later I will keep adding more posts, thanks for the advice coyote
Glad to see you're back and that you decided to put yourself on the map and yes you could spend a lot of time just reading all the threads but don't be afraid of asking questions. you just have to accept the fact that your vision and others may not be the same . heck most members think I'm  :hammerhead: cause I have a jeep not a Toyota but I forgive them for their poor judgement.  :ha_ha:  j/k
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
well hey, my first 4x4 was a 95 jeep grand cherokee.......unless you want to count the two dodge d-50s I owned, but Im happy to be rid of all of them

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Do you have any pics of your truck?  :hyper:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Glad to see you're back and that you decided to put yourself on the map and yes you could spend a lot of time just reading all the threads but don't be afraid of asking questions. you just have to accept the fact that your vision and others may not be the same . heck most members think I'm  :hammerhead: cause I have a jeep not a Toyota but I forgive them for their poor judgement.  :ha_ha:  j/k

....but some don't think, they know you're :screwy:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I will get picks of truck as soon as I get truck back, Im in florida  its in california, I will tell you what, I will get you all pictures of my truck for christmas OK

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I dont want too wait till Christmas, I want them now. :rivers: .......................

J/K,  Sound good I will keep  :eye: :eye: