Author Topic: I AM NOW A PI$$ED OFF WHEELER  (Read 6941 times)

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
I AM NOW A PI$$ED OFF WHEELER
« on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:33:39 AM »
ok this is to rant. i went out yesterday to go take a run in the fresh 12" of powder up the canyon by my house. i get up there and 2 not 1 but 2 of my favorite trails were closed. the reason on the notice was garbage being left and people leaving the trail. why do people do this? because the trails are to hard? go back the way you came. because the trails are to easy? your in the wrong spots go find a different trail. and the garabage come on now that is just STUPID your driving something that you can just put it behind your seat or on the floor. i dont know if any of you do these things. but if you do STOP the enviromentlist already have enough fuel we dont need to help them shut down our sport for good. so if you do it ar see someone doing it help them wise up.
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: I AM NOW A PI$$ED OFF WHEELER
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2005, 02:31:45 PM »
Everytime I go out I see trash on the trail, and from the example set by my father, I ALWAYS stop and pick trash and throw in right in the back of my truck and then keep driving.

Marlin has been doing that ever since I can remember, and it's funny because he does not drink alcohol, but we always pick up beer cans, and when we get back to the shop, we unload a bunch of garbage, and people always joke that my dad and I were drinking hahahaha :rofl2:

But seriously people, do your part by NOT ONLY hauling out what you brought in, but ALSO hauling out what other lazy people have left behind.

Help keep the Public land for the Public!!!
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2005, 02:40:30 PM »
I know what you mean it also pisses me off. I used to go on a trail down the road from my house and they had a cable across with a no trespassing sign up and I asked the farmer that owns it what the deal was and was told that someone had tore up his field with a 4-wheeler and destroyed his crops. And I can't say I blame him. Kids today have no respect for other peoples' property. they need a good :spankbutt:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2005, 03:54:56 PM »
Can I be pissed off with you, I can't stand finding junk thrown on the trail or broken parts and oil from broken vehicles, I have yet to break something that released any fluids but if I did I have several collection bottles and would make sure to remove any affected dirt. I stay on the trail and can't stand to see bandit trails, go arounds, or trailblazing because that way was tougher. I too will pick up others discards to try and keep the trails open. :mad:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2005, 03:59:03 PM »
Can I be pissed off with you  :mad:
sure you can :gap:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:26:10 PM »
Everytime I go out I see trash on the trail, and from the example set by my father, I ALWAYS stop and pick trash and throw in right in the back of my truck and then keep driving.

Marlin has been doing that ever since I can remember, and it's funny because he does not drink alcohol, but we always pick up beer cans, and when we get back to the shop, we unload a bunch of garbage, and people always joke that my dad and I were drinking hahahaha :rofl2:

But seriously people, do your part by NOT ONLY hauling out what you brought in, but ALSO hauling out what other lazy people have left behind.

Help keep the Public land for the Public!!!
Unfortunatly you and marlin and others are picking up for the drinkers. If the drinkers are caught with the cans/bottles in thier vehicles that is that much more they will be popped on, hence the reason they dispose.
It's a terrible thing.

And worse yet in your parts is the sanitary situation. We don't have those conflicts.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:02:33 PM »
The people I work with know I don't usually drink, but after I go out in the woods they always give me crap cause my bed is full of beer cans and empty cases.  I frickin hate litterers, wish I could catch people doin it and offer to return what they dropped.  I'm glad that there are others who feel the same need as I do to stop and pick up others litter in the woods.  There are spots around here where the scuzballs leave everything from cigarette butts to couches, tvs, fridges and anything else they need to dispose of, and I'd gladly donate my time and truck to help haul it off if something like that were organized.  Not only would it help us all out and make the place look nicer, but if you could get the local yocal news channel or newspaper to cover it then it would give us good publicity and show people that it's not the wheelers/off-roaders who make a mess, and show them that we are infact a responsable group.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:37:26 PM »
Both my rear ATV tires were popped due to scrap left on the trail that was unavoidable or hard to see. I hate when people throw crap on the trail, I just get so mad!
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »
it's not the wheelers/off-roaders who make a mess

in a lot of cases it is the irresponsible wheelers that do this and they are the ones who ruin it for the responsible ones... it only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole bunch.....

:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:12:39 PM »
Unfortunatly you and marlin and others are picking up for the drinkers. If the drinkers are caught with the cans/bottles in thier vehicles that is that much more they will be popped on, hence the reason they dispose.
It's a terrible thing.

And worse yet in your parts is the sanitary situation. We don't have those conflicts.

I asked a Sherrif about that locally here. If it is empty, it is trash. So the open container thing is just that an open partial drink. Now, if you got a floor board covered with them, you can be sure to be looked at closely.

But, if they look like this...............
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »
Tumwater water!

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:28:21 PM »
Another problem are two-faced people. 

A while back there was a post about this an there was a guy on here who has not been on in a while, ( no names ) but he was all about keeping the trails clean when he was in the forum but;  I saw him out at nachese once at a camp site when he and his posse were just leaving. 
I was on the side of the road watching when they just left a heeping pile of trash in the fire pit.  I got out and as he drove pass me I hollered "hey you left your garbage"  He stopped and asked what I said and I explained he can't leave his garbage like that, told him he needed to haul it off. 
He got huffy and said that's what the park ranger is for,  :smack: .  I was not going to continue the argument even though, even though I wanted to beat his a$$.

I had a garbage bag in my 4-runner so I picked it all up.    Dumb a$$ people just pi$$ me off to.  :maddest:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:41:22 PM »

A while back there was a post about this an there was a guy on here who has not been on in a while, ( no names ) but he was all about keeping the trails clean when he was in the forum but;  I saw him out at nachese once at a camp site when he and his posse were just leaving. 
I was on the side of the road watching when they just left a heeping pile of trash in the fire pit.  I got out and as he drove pass me I hollered "hey you left your garbage"  He stopped and asked what I said and I explained he can't leave his garbage like that, told him he needed to haul it off. 
He got huffy and said that's what the park ranger is for,  :smack: .  I was not going to continue the argument even though, even though I wanted to beat his a$$.

I had a garbage bag in my 4-runner so I picked it all up.    Dumb a$$ people just pi$$ me off to.  :maddest:

Ain't that the way some people are. :shake:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

rockscrambler

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 800
  • Member since May '05
  • the rocscrambler's rock blazer
    • View Profile
    • Home of the rockscrambler
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2005, 03:34:57 AM »
years ago I took my wife and son up to big bear and camp along the side of the road for the weekend in the 3 days we were there we filled  5 trashbags with trash only 2 were our trash the other 3 were trash we found there while we were setting up and walking around the surrounding woods. it's just sad  :down: you'd think that if these people enjoyed using these public lands that they would do the right thing but  :headshake: and it would probably be these same people that  cut locks or drive around barrier when they close the trails.
we're born,we roll over,we crawl,we walk,we run,we drive,we install cages,we wheel,we crawl,we roll over,the circle of life is complete.!

"we sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to bring violence upon those who would do us harm" to you I say thank you
87 Chevy K5 V10 tonka truck,87 Toyota 4runner
83 Jeep CJ8,sold-76 Dodge W200 & 87 Ford broncoII

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2005, 11:54:02 PM »
:tantrum:  :mad:  :maddest:  :attention:  :mad:  :thumbdown:  :snare:

Uhmmmm :lipsrsealed: I don't think I'll get started on this subject...... :lipsrsealed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2005, 12:55:41 AM »
A lot of my friends arent really enviromentalists, but they wont throw there crap around. I dont get how people can do that. It takes about half a second to throw that can of pop or whatever in the backseat or in the bed of your truck. I cant understand why people dont do that! Are they worried about open container laws? Are they worried about the noise of garbage in their bed while going through trails? Just do your part, pick up what you see that is easy to get, dont go way out of your way for the most part and dont contribute to the problem and we can all get along. I think its the jeep guys that throw the most crap out! JK!

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2005, 03:39:33 AM »
there are so many peoples dumping stuff, it sucks, but just to add to crap not needed, theres this little closed off area up in redding, they closed it off to vehicles cuz there are these puddles with the little freshwater shrimps or something, well think about this, whats another term for puddles in the 4x4 world, maybe RUTS, the 4X4 peoples driving around out there, make ruts that fill with water....better yet, they even drive there trucks through this water... picking up mudd and water in there vehicles....and take there rigs to other ruts.....wow, we even polinate new ruts with them......but no.....thats bad..... so the ruts will eventually drain...and fill in with sediment.....no more shrimp....oh yeah....these shrimp are really important too...they reduce greenhouse gasses.......but we cannot  creat more homes for them and polinate for them......shoot one of those ruts was over 6 feet deep at its center.....if you had a small truck you had to drive the sidewall of the rut, but anyways.....lets give a round of appluase for the overkill treehuggers.......Hey.....some of that garbage makes good homes for local wildlife.......but for reals.....pick up your crap when you leave....especially those beer cans...those are worth money
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

InstaGator

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -99
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Marlin-less Nissan :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2005, 07:20:34 AM »

I think this is our biggest problem as wheelers. attitude amongst many are "there going to close it one day anyway" Crap like that makes me want to join the tree huggers.  :maddest:
Lator.....
Nissan's need Marlin too. Won't you help?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
there are so many peoples dumping stuff, it sucks, but just to add to crap not needed, theres this little closed off area up in redding, they closed it off to vehicles cuz there are these puddles with the little freshwater shrimps or something, well think about this, whats another term for puddles in the 4x4 world, maybe RUTS, the 4X4 peoples driving around out there, make ruts that fill with water....better yet, they even drive there trucks through this water... picking up mudd and water in there vehicles....and take there rigs to other ruts.....wow, we even polinate new ruts with them......but no.....thats bad..... so the ruts will eventually drain...and fill in with sediment.....no more shrimp....oh yeah....these shrimp are really important too...they reduce greenhouse gasses.......but we cannot  creat more homes for them and polinate for them......shoot one of those ruts was over 6 feet deep at its center.....if you had a small truck you had to drive the sidewall of the rut, but anyways.....lets give a round of appluase for the overkill treehuggers.......Hey.....some of that garbage makes good homes for local wildlife.......but for reals.....pick up your crap when you leave....especially those beer cans...those are worth money

LUMBERJACK!!  This is one that pisses me off to no end!  They used the excuse of the shrimp and people dumping garbage to close the place down.  Surprisingly there was less junk out there than there is on any number of the local dirt roads, like backbone ridge out by jones valley.  Anyway, they let just enough time pass after closing down lumberjack so that most people would have forgotten about why they closed it, then they announced the big sports arena idea.  Yea, some trucks and motorcycles playing around out there is FAR more damaging than bulldozing the earth and installing paved roads, parking lots and arenas!  God damn city bastards piss me off!  Push something through under the pretense of environmental concern then do something far more damaging in the name of "improvement".  "It'll draw people to redding!".  Who gives a :pokinit:, we already have too many damn city folk here anyway!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2005, 09:57:03 PM »
LUMBERJACK!!  This is one that pisses me off to no end!  They used the excuse of the shrimp and people dumping garbage to close the place down.  Surprisingly there was less junk out there than there is on any number of the local dirt roads, like backbone ridge out by jones valley.  Anyway, they let just enough time pass after closing down lumberjack so that most people would have forgotten about why they closed it, then they announced the big sports arena idea.  Yea, some trucks and motorcycles playing around out there is FAR more damaging than bulldozing the earth and installing paved roads, parking lots and arenas!  God damn city bastards piss me off!  Push something through under the pretense of environmental concern then do something far more damaging in the name of "improvement".  "It'll draw people to redding!".  Who gives a :pokinit:, we already have too many damn city folk here anyway!
Hay man it's all about the golden rule.....whoever has the most gold makes the rules.  :yesnod:

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2005, 10:11:36 PM »
right there on airport road, just north of burrito bandito, they closed that whole section due to shrimp living IN THE RUTS of the trucks that fourby out there, so, we made there homes, kept them deap and plentiful and made sure to move them from one rut to another with our fenderwells and pickup beds to make sure that they are using every rut possible for there breading grounds. Hey, I have an Idea, they should provide us with new areas to prepare homes for them, they could even provide us with bigger tires and the fuel needed to make them new homes. doubt that will ever happen huh?
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2005, 10:15:40 PM »
 :funny:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:13:52 PM »
I remember those ruts.  There were many areas where you couldn't even go without 40s or bigger, and even then I've seen guys burried out there so far you couldn't even tell they had 44s.  It was a cool place to kill a half hour or so, and the first place I pulled a jeep out of the mud with my yota. 
RIP KYOTA

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2005, 11:17:47 PM »
Ok guys I know this is a touchy subject but let's tone it down a notch :thumbs: I have just as much love for the trails as everyone else here, but we need to remember that talkin about it ain't gonna make a difference.  We need to act like a lot of people here have stated.  Clean up the trash you see and encourage others to do the same :yesnod:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2005, 12:24:08 AM »
but its not always trash, sometimes its them treehuggers overreacting, but yes.....I wont throw anything out the window.....well, I have flicked a few boogers out there....but I think they biodegrade pretty quick....the one that pisses me of is the lit cigarettes being thrown out the window on the freeway, I know were talking about offroad......but yeah, clean up your trash....that way they have less to complain about.......at least that way they cant hold that against us when we are makin new homes for the freshwater shrimp

83yota [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #25 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:13:07 AM »
sorry i have been gone so much. but i want to think all of you for you input. i was just down in moab talking to the lady that owns the land lions back is on and she says she is most likely going to close it down this coming spring due to all the people we are fighting against. so thank you all for your help. i know we cant stop them from distroying our land but maybe we can slow them down so we can all enjoy our favorite trails a little longer.
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60