Author Topic: Am I crazy(x2)?  (Read 2689 times)

RHG

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
Am I crazy(x2)?
« on: Sep 09, 2005, 04:13:12 PM »
Hello to everyone who decided to read this... I have an idea! Its kinda just a weak little plan that will most likely fall through but incase it works out I would like your opinions. I dont know how many of you read Petersons 4wheel drive but if you do or have then you should be familiar with their Cheap Truck Challenge. I have a prime candidate for my own CTC. There is a ford  :yikes: yeah I know but just listen...its down a road that I know and has been sitting for a few years. I think it is a F-150 or F-100 I dunno I am not familiar with fords. I havnt payed attention and I dunno if its pre-TTB. I hope it is. So anyways, it has no motor, pretty sure no tranny either. Here is where it gets good. My uncle has a late 80's bronco sitting in his driveway with a very fresh EFI302 and a decent tranny. He has been talking about wanting this thing gone and is damn near ready to give it away. So I should do him a favor and take it off his hands and drop the tranny and motor in. Running truck! I think it would be an excelent beater/ mud truck for the winter. And if it lasts longer than that...great. I would pretty much just go on the cheap with it by throwing in some gears, tires and very little lift. If I can get any of these parts cheap or free than thats the way I'll go because my main money pit will be the toyota and getting a SA under it. I know FFC will be all for this but what do you other non ford lovers think. Of course this will depend on sooo many things like whether it has been registered in a million years, has to be smogged, money, TTB, etc...lets hear it.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Am I crazy(x2)?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:01:43 PM »
The only difference between a Ford with a motor and one without is the expectation and disappointment.   :ha_ha:  :rofl:

Sorry FFC, you know how I really feel  :biggthumpup:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:12:12 PM »
Wjhats wrong with the bronco?  Why don't you just bomb that around?  Less work, more playing.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:38:22 PM »
I'd love to see a ford get torn to peices, just dont make the mistake of putting it together :nonono:  Just joshin, it'd be fun to have something to tear apart like that!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »
Wjhats wrong with the bronco? Why don't you just bomb that around? Less work, more playing.
:imwithstupid:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2005, 09:13:56 PM »
The only difference between a Ford with a motor and one without is the expectation and disappointment.   :ha_ha:  :rofl:

Sorry FFC, you know how I really feel  :biggthumpup:

:funny: but true  :roflsign:

Quote from: Hyena
Wjhats wrong with the bronco?  Why don't you just bomb that around?  Less work, more playing

:werd:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

RHG [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2005, 02:28:21 PM »
bronco has TTB! ick cik blah puh nasty :pokinit:. I dunno...thats a good question. I think lifts for the TTB are cheap as hell to. well the cheap ones are cheap as hell. I like trucks better than broncos. Im beginng to see the point though. But tearing something apart is fun. I just wonder how cheap i can get the bronco for...maybe real cheap, like free cheap. :crossed: If I can then flop it lets build the bronco! Its got a backseat :eyebrow: place to sleep in the back when it breaks down on me and leaves me stranded on the side of the road. I like it! MUD BRONCO HERE I COME!
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork