Author Topic: Non 4x4 related property lines  (Read 5331 times)

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Non 4x4 related property lines
« on: Jul 14, 2005, 04:10:15 PM »
I live in the outskirts of a town and where I live there is a small gravel road where we own property on both sides. That road leads to a large unusable swamp. This morning I was jerked out of sleep by a large man with a chainsaw on my property cutting down shrubs and small trees. He said that he was trying to sell the swamp behind my house for 100,000 and that he owned 20 feet into my lawn and 50 feet the other way. 50 feet the other way is my neighbors driveway. He put down for sale signs on our lawn and other parts of our property. He returned a half hour later to find all the signs 30 feet up in a tree. We had 6 neighbors outside arguing with him because we have owned our property for 36 years and have had it surveyed in the last 10, while this guy hasnt had it surveyed in 45 years. What are our rights?
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Non 4x4 related property lines
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »
I'd say he'd have to prove the property in question was his. You seem to have the current property lines and if he shows his a$$ again and starts choping up your property I'd call the police and have him arrested for trespassing. Then take his silly butt to small claims to have your property restored to what it was before he broke out his chainsaw.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #2 on: Jul 14, 2005, 10:18:39 PM »
Go to the county and get the property map.
It's all on file.

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2005, 11:20:22 PM »
So my neighbor is a guy who knows everyone and stuff and he talked to his buddy who owns this survey company in the northwest and does a lot of aerial shots and stuff says that this guy does own some of our property so we are going to have to threaten this guy a little because what he is trying to do is sell wetland for a million dollars (it wasnt 100k I was wrong) and try to develop on it. We are going to call this non profit company called Friends of Washington and they will jump on this guy after seeing some shots of this property. There are beavers and birds and all types of other :pokinit: back there and somehow they can stop this guy which will be a releif because this property is 35 acres which would all be homes directly behind our house and we have so much privacy as it is and our property value could not be any higher (right now we could sell our house for over a million) and this is rediculous. For him to be right alongside our house with a chainsaw going crazy without talking to us is crazy though.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2005, 12:49:14 PM »
I guess tree huggers have a use after all. :laugh:

Haz-matt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 33
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Jefferson State
    • View Profile
    • Haz-matt.com
« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »
If you don't want him to sell it to a developer, then you need and/or your neibors need to offer to buy it.

You can't expect some one to not do something with there land just because you don't like it.  It's there land.  You don't want it to happen, make it your land and you can lock it up for all time.
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »
wa4x4  if you can get the treehuggers to save the wetlands thats great,  but you should give dude fair market value for the footage of 'his' property you and your neighbors have "improved"
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2005, 05:51:49 PM »
 :twocents:  click  click pull
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2005, 10:27:58 PM »
Well this guy is a genuine horse's ass so we will get re-surveyed and whenever anyone comes to looks we have the neighbors to jump on the bikes and atv's and start ripping it up...LOUD so people will be a little discouraged...we will call the treehuggers and see what happens...not all of these dirty hippies are so bad.

Haz-matt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 33
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Jefferson State
    • View Profile
    • Haz-matt.com
« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2005, 09:09:11 PM »
Way to take the high road there WA. :shake:

It's not up to him what you do with your land and it's not up to you what he does with his.
I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2005, 08:07:06 AM »
well if its that big of a deal,,have it surveyed again to be sure..like haz said,,if its not yours,and you don't like what he is going to do then buy it up..You might find however some welands are hard to build on,,he might find his land is not worth what he thought due to the wet land.some wetland areas are perotected..I can understand your feeling on the use of the property,,if its developed comes,,houses,,people,,apartments,,people,,traffic,,theft,,crime,,it all comes with people..with people comes bitchy neighbors when your ripping your quads..However,,take his stance for a minute,,what if i told you i did not like what you did with your property..you'd tell me to pis off no??
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Jul 22, 2005, 08:19:52 AM »
I can relate to his feelings, since when I moved into the canyon I'm in there were neighbors but we were a tight knit bunch and had the freedom of the hills around us. Now they're widining the access street building houses all around us and it is just a regular PIA. But hey that progress and our little section is still by itself. I'll miss some of the kicker trails I used to test on, but won't miss that mobile home park that's in the way of the new street.

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2005, 08:39:02 AM »
Where I used to live in Woodinville, there was a huge lot of woods behind us. Our parent fought forever tryin to keep it from gettin developd. i went up there a couple months ago and found it all gone, and all houses. its a shame. i can see how you feel, but there are a couple good points made by mr4x4 and haz-mat. if this guy is as big a prick as you say, the best way to mess with him is legally. those pricks never seem to know or care bout laws. and wa seems to be gettin a lil more strict on their wetland laws. just takes perseverance.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

mr4x42u

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 700
  • Member since Sep '02
  • LOCKED AND LOADED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2005, 09:49:33 AM »
I can relate to his feelings, since when I moved into the canyon I'm in there were neighbors but we were a tight knit bunch and had the freedom of the hills around us. Now they're widining the access street building houses all around us and it is just a regular PIA. But hey that progress and our little section is still by itself. I'll miss some of the kicker trails I used to test on, but won't miss that mobile home park that's in the way of the new street.

I know how you feel..I i know how wa4x4 feels,,they wanted to put up apartments near our house,,,,we as a neighbor hood got it stopped,,and now its just some homes going up..Big difference to me,,10 family v;s 150 familys is alot..out street can't handle that much traffic,,I live in an older hood so there are narrow streets and no sidewalks,,people have to walk in the street and its would just be too much with out steret work,,the county saw it our way and was unwilling to widen the street and add sidewalks..But i'm sure like anything else there has to be a public meeting about land development..at least around here its like that.
Forgiveness is between them and god..
Its my job to arrange the meeting!

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »
Well in addition to this build site, there has been a proposal to build 70+ "low income houses" down the street from our house. Before all this my area could have been refered to as the good part of town. Oh well. My parents say worse comes to worse they will sell the house and get a nice little place by the water. At least our other property was already developed before we purchased.

89 toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1198
  • Male Posts: 383
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Aug 03, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »
there is a law that says something about if you have used and maintained the property in question for more then 10 years and no one has said any thing or did anything with it it is yours. we went thru the same sort of thing with a neighbor.its some sort of grandfather clause.
89 ext cab sas with diamond +4 1/2" housing 30 spline longs and hub gears, hp elocker, six studs, arp studs in everything, taco rear with elocker. swaped out 22re for 3.4l supercharged, urd 2.0" pulley, urd fuel management, downey headers, flowmaster, cold air intake, marlin clutch that is straining to hold up