Author Topic: Wont run right Help!  (Read 6517 times)

Uncle Jesse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Male Posts: 375
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
Re: Wont run right Help!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »
oops, I did state that intake manifold thing wring didn't I?  I meant that the lower intake is the one the guys just sit on the fender so they don't have to fiddle with the harness.  Bummer.  But I guess that wouldn't have helped you anyway.  Reassembly dhould be rather straight forward.

RHG [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,320
  • Member since Apr '05
  • WERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2005, 12:38:51 AM »
Yeah I was wondering about what you said about the manifold when I was taking it apart :headscratch: Well it all came apart eventually. To make it easier to get the lower out I cut a small peice from between the runners to get the wiring harness through it. I put it all back together and also replaced a few things: injector seats and o rings, fuel filter, thermostat. I also fixed a wire or two that looked a little "iffy" I dont want to have to take it back apart anytime soon. I didnt have any problems starting it back up except for forgeting to tighten up the fuel line on the cold start injector<---atleast thats what I think it is. I tightened that up(must have gotten in a hurry towards the end.) and waited a few minutes to let the gasoline to dry up and weeeeeeee! Its running again. But when I took it for a test drive the TPS was acting up and at 2000rpm it would cut my fuel and the engine would go to idle no matter where I put the skinny pedal. I was getting flustered with the damn truck and decided to give it a break. I took a day off from it and didnt even think about it. Went back to it and decided to take the TPS off and double make sure it was on correctly then adjusted it by jumping the two terminals and then turning the TPS until it idled down. It sure isnt the correct way to adjust it but it made sense to me and my truck is now running, idleing and working fine. Thats all I care. Yay!  :thumbs: Oh and my solid axle should be in on tuesday. Hopefully BigMike sent out my transmission(hint hint) and I'll see that soon too. Never ending wrenching.
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

89 Ext Cab Long Bed, SAS'd, Double 2.28's, 5.29's, 38" TSL's, Allied Beadlocks, Half Doors, Custom Trail Bodywork

Uncle Jesse

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Male Posts: 375
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2005, 08:19:39 AM »
right on!