Author Topic: They're going to ruin it for all of us!  (Read 8248 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
They're going to ruin it for all of us!
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:11:48 PM »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
Re: They're going to ruin it for all of us!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 07:30:12 PM »
The State of California is going straight into the toilet. Too many idiots have access to off road machines. (gee im starting to sound like my Dad already!)

I spoke with a ranger once about the people who come out to just party and tear things up, he says that sooner than we think they will outlaw Off road vehicles all together in most local off road areas.  :headshake:  I dunno about you, but Im already seeing it. Sad part is, people even complain about mountain bikers!
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 08:45:20 PM »
(gee im starting to sound like my Dad already!)

Scary isn't it!

Just like the "outdoorsmen" that leave beer cans, bait containers and the like, some people that claim to be "enthusiasts" are really just brain dead pig f**ks. I'm NOT a green weenie, but it really chaps my ass to find a big ol' turd blocking a trail! They get all self-righteous and claim they have the “right” to be there just as much as anyone. True, but there are those that leap on every chance to shave an acre here and an acre there off of OUR land!
Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 04:16:19 PM »
Fricken knuckleheads  :snare:  :tantrum:  :maddest:  :mad: Somone needs to  :hammerhead:  :flamer: them. They are the small percentage who are going to ruin the sport for the rest of the responsible world. Unfortunatly, homeowners don't discriminate between rogues and the responsible, they see all "off roaders" as enemies.

I suppose we need to teach our children respect for other people's property, and how to recreate without disrupting someone elses land. Hopefully the next generation will be able to ride/drive like most of us...responsibly.

Erik :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

Cheesemaker

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »
Alot of kids today don't respect anything, or anybody today!!  When I was younger we did go wheeling up in the hills, but we didn't trespass, create mud holes, or try to destroy nature.  We had designated mud holes, the ones that were there for almost a century.  Now days, kids steal rigs and instead of stripping them they beat the crap out of them until the car is dead, and then they torch them. A coworker had his toyota stolen, and they totaled it out between two fir trees and then set it on fire!  The forestry had to put the fire out, burned like three acres, and the owner was given the bill for putting out the fire.   Kids today aren't raised by parents anymore, they are raised by tv, computer games, they are given money to go shut up and don't bother the parents.  So, there's nobody there to tell them what that sign really means.  If I had property that was posted violaters will be shot, I would exercise that god damn right!! 
Then you got the people from Portland that want to stop all logging in the Tillamook Forest.  Well, bull crap no way!!  Why do god damn eviromentalists, who live in wooden homes, petition writing, hemp wearing, birkenstock mother f#ckers get off telling us how to run our woods. They wanted to turn our forests into a park, to where the only access into a million acres would be on foot only!  Where do they think the wood for there homes come from?? There petitions, hemp that they wear, and the leather and bark and rubber come from for their shoes!!
 I'm responsible when I'm in the woods, I pack out more :pokinit: than I took in!   A while back they wanted to block off all access roads into the Tillamook, Kilchis, Trask, Blaine, and so on units in Tillamook, and make one access road into each unit, where as you checked in to and out of that one gate.  All this during daylight hours, no camping, hunting, or wood cutting.  It just pisses me off to no end that you got stupid kids out there that are going to ruin it for all of us, and when they do close everything off, they are going to complain even louder that theres no place to ride or drive!  Well, it's because they are screwing it up for all of us!!  they just can't look past there screw the world attitudes, they need to learn before it's too late!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 06:57:50 PM »
well sead cheesemaker :beerchug:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2005, 11:02:59 PM »
very well put i must admit. i'm 17 and i can only name a handful of my friends who dont litter, trespass, and f**k with peoples stuff. i matured faster than most teenage guys because i've had to work for my money since i was 12. my parents didnt throw me money, and they taught me to be responsable for myself and to get on others for not being responsable. so its not all of the teenagers who are screwing everything up for all offroaders, but it is a FAIRLY LARGE percentage. if the parents just throw them money, then u can guarantee that they will probly be screwing with everything
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »
I am also 17 and i do some work for my moms business but im not going to say my parents havent been very generous with what they have given me, I guess you could i have had money thrown at me but i was also raised with the right ideals about tresspassing and breaking other peoples things for fun. Whenever i go wheeling I clean my garbage up and i try my hardest to make sure my friends do the same. I have also seen plenty of guys in their 20's and some in their 30's trash the rubicon so its not just the kids that were raised wrong from this generation, its the kids that were raised wrong from every generation. I do think there is an overwhelming majority of teenagers that are more destructive than older people but i dont think their financial situation has anything to do with it........perhaps im mistaken though.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2005, 08:58:34 PM »
my bad if i insulted u about the financial thing but i moved out to midland texas 2 years ago and out here about 90% of all the rich people(which is almost everyone) have no respect for anybody and vandalize anything they can find. their parents throw them money on a daily bases, give them brand new vehicles about every2 years, and dont pay ANY attention to what they do in their spare time. nearly all of them are ALWAYS drunk, high on either weed, cocain, or heroin. really bad crap. what makes it even better is that the cops never give them tickets for possesion or for dwi, all they do is confiscate it and tell them to go home.

to make things even better, one of the favorite things for people to do out here when their messed up, is to take their shotgun loaded with wads of paper or airsoft bb's and shoot each other with em. DUMBA**ES!!!
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 16, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »
you didnt insult me its all good  :biggthumpup:  i also have a huge problem with people like that so i know exactly where your coming from now.

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2005, 12:43:36 PM »
I think there is just a general problem with Respect across the board. While my personal experience suggests it is primarily the younger crowd, I too have seen just as many 30-60 year olds act like complete  :moon: . It enrages me to watch some  :lipsrsealed: throw a beercan out his window, or take a  :toilet: in the woods, and not clean up after themselves.

I suspect the attitued is that "it's not mine, so i don't care" well, guess what your wrong. The national forests and BLM land belong to all of us. I know it's hard, and sometimes dangerous for us to confront these morons, and law enforcement can't be everywhere, but something has to be done.

I've heard some suggest that we jot down license plate #'s, and if possible snap a  :snapshot:, then inform the law enforcement when available. I have actually walked up and picked up someones beer can (right in front of them) and thrown it in my trash bag, to make a not-so-subtle hint. I also try to pick up whatever trash I find that's been left behind, so the next person has a better experience than I did. I also teach my kids that when they're out playing to bring back any trash they find so we can dispose of it properly.

We all need to do active things to save our beloved sport/hobby, or as has been said before, it will be taken away from us.

Erik  :usa:

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2005, 04:24:07 PM »
Maybe they should start shutting down roads for having too many people throwing cigarette buts out the windows and leaving their broken down junk on the highways.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 17, 2005, 12:37:52 PM »
I think there is just a general problem with Respect across the board. While my personal experience suggests it is primarily the younger crowd, I too have seen just as many 30-60 year olds act like complete  :moon: . It enrages me to watch some  :lipsrsealed: throw a beercan out his window, or take a  :toilet: in the woods, and not clean up after themselves.

I suspect the attitued is that "it's not mine, so i don't care" well, guess what your wrong. The national forests and BLM land belong to all of us. I know it's hard, and sometimes dangerous for us to confront these morons, and law enforcement can't be everywhere, but something has to be done.

I've heard some suggest that we jot down license plate #'s, and if possible snap a  :snapshot:, then inform the law enforcement when available. I have actually walked up and picked up someones beer can (right in front of them) and thrown it in my trash bag, to make a not-so-subtle hint. I also try to pick up whatever trash I find that's been left behind, so the next person has a better experience than I did. I also teach my kids that when they're out playing to bring back any trash they find so we can dispose of it properly.

We all need to do active things to save our beloved sport/hobby, or as has been said before, it will be taken away from us.

Erik  :usa:

Thats one good thing about being as big as I am.  I can suggest in a very polite but firm voice that they pick something up, and alot of times people will.  They are intimidated by me :dunno: why  Alos, I've done the snap shot thing, and told the person that If they didnt take care of the problem, I was gonna turn hem in, and they took care of the problem.  When they know they've been caught and can get busted, they usually shape up
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 17, 2005, 01:04:07 PM »
Keep up the good work! If enough of us "parent" the others, hopefully they will get it and shape up.

We can only hope...

Erik :usa:

twin60s

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 2005, 04:26:05 PM »
Alot of kids today don't respect anything, or anybody today!! When I was younger we did go wheeling up in the hills, but we didn't trespass, create mud holes, or try to destroy nature. We had designated mud holes, the ones that were there for almost a century. Now days, kids steal rigs and instead of stripping them they beat the crap out of them until the car is dead, and then they torch them. A coworker had his toyota stolen, and they totaled it out between two fir trees and then set it on fire! The forestry had to put the fire out, burned like three acres, and the owner was given the bill for putting out the fire. Kids today aren't raised by parents anymore, they are raised by tv, computer games, they are given money to go shut up and don't bother the parents. So, there's nobody there to tell them what that sign really means. If I had property that was posted violaters will be shot, I would exercise that god damn right!!
Then you got the people from Portland that want to stop all logging in the Tillamook Forest. Well, bull crap no way!! Why do god damn eviromentalists, who live in wooden homes, petition writing, hemp wearing, birkenstock mother f#ckers get off telling us how to run our woods. They wanted to turn our forests into a park, to where the only access into a million acres would be on foot only! Where do they think the wood for there homes come from?? There petitions, hemp that they wear, and the leather and bark and rubber come from for their shoes!!
 I'm responsible when I'm in the woods, I pack out more :pokinit: than I took in! A while back they wanted to block off all access roads into the Tillamook, Kilchis, Trask, Blaine, and so on units in Tillamook, and make one access road into each unit, where as you checked in to and out of that one gate. All this during daylight hours, no camping, hunting, or wood cutting. It just pisses me off to no end that you got stupid kids out there that are going to ruin it for all of us, and when they do close everything off, they are going to complain even louder that theres no place to ride or drive! Well, it's because they are screwing it up for all of us!! they just can't look past there screw the world attitudes, they need to learn before it's too late!!
thats what you get when interracial breeding is allowed to exist. thats what you get when gays are allowed to exist. thats what you get when liberals are allowed to exist. if they cant feed em,dont breed em. spay or neuter your welfare recipiant today.

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2005, 07:17:07 PM »
Everything you wanted to know about VHEMT and more. This is some good reading.

http://www.vhemt.org/

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2005, 07:23:29 PM by Willy Mammoth »
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

craigellis77

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 19
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Upper Helldorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »
thats what you get when interracial breeding is allowed to exist. thats what you get when gays are allowed to exist. thats what you get when liberals are allowed to exist. if they cant feed em,dont breed em. spay or neuter your welfare recipiant today.

twin60s, i'm sorry but i have to speak out against this comment.  i am neither gay or liberal, nor do i or anyone i know perpetuate interracial breeding, and i don't condone homosexuality or interracial breeding.  but, the ideology you just spewed forth gives we Americans a bad name with the rest of the world.  this is a very narrow-minded, simplistic view of the world that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  those who are destroying our trails either have not been educated about the effects of their actions, or lack the necessary respect for themselves and those around them who also use the trail.

i do, however, agree that if one cannot feed his children, he should not procreate for the reson you stated. this again comes back to simple accountability and responsibility for one's actions.

to reiterate: homosexuals, liberals, or mulattos are not the ones out there destroying the trails. true, people who fall into those categories no doubt contribute to the problem, but there are far more out there who are "normal" people who also stain the image of our off-roading community as a whole.
87 4Runner

crawlerdan

• Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2005, 03:54:24 PM »
whats the truth is = people like US are ruining the rubicon trail, and in order to save the rubicon trail, poeopl, like US need to take care of what the problems are, when i was in high school it took me a day to get throught the trail, now it takes me three cause i stop and clean up after the rest of us. no i dont consider mysefl high and mighty, i just have a dream of taking my children on the trail where i grew up, and where most of my good memories where made, its up to us.  oonly WE can prevent land closure :thumbs: happy trails

craigellis77

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Upper Helldorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Aug 20, 2005, 04:23:28 PM »
i don't consider myself high and mighty either. your point was the one i was getting around to, albeit indirectly.   :)   i have the same hopes for the future of OUR trails, like you said crawlerdan. 

"oonly WE can prevent land closure   :thumbs: happy trails"
-exactly
87 4Runner

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #19 on: Aug 22, 2005, 08:05:12 AM »
I know what you mean BD,

One of my boys threw some trash out the window of the vehicle I was driving :lipsrsealed: I pulled over and made him pick it up...OOO he was mad.  Same with if I see anyone else droppin their trash (if I'm within earshot) I'll say FREEKIN LITTERBUGS PISS ME OFF and I rant and rave about "stupid litterbugs".....

And CD, I know what you mean.  I walk the trail several times a year, and have to carry a freekin backpack just for beer cans and danish wrappers.  :headshake:

I can go on but I won't :lipsrsealed: Ya'll know what I mean and how I feel
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2005, 12:49:37 AM by FordFreakChik »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

supermat

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -105
  • Male Posts: 60
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • www.calfishing.com
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2005, 11:31:36 AM »
Hey, I'm a young adult and I too get pissed at what I see on the trail and on the roadways. I get SO upset when I see places getting trashed. I always do my best to stop and pick up everything I see along the trail. I was out on the Deer Valley trail a couple of weeks ago and saw something that ticked me off. It seemed like no one really throws trash out up there which was a nice change but people left PARTS around. Broken this and broken that laying around the rocks in quite a few areas. I guess I just don't get it. Throw it in the back and put it in a trash can later!!! PEOPLE MAKE ME FRUSTRATED!!!!

-matt

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2005, 12:33:08 PM »
PEOPLE MAKE ME FRUSTRATED!!!!

-matt

:tantrum:  I'm with ya on that one Mat, not only frustrated but P O'd
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

craigellis77

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Upper Helldorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Aug 22, 2005, 12:54:50 PM »
i agree as well.  at tellico there are always parts lying around on the harder trails.  broken birfs, u-joints, and body bushings that we have to pick up
87 4Runner

twin60s

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #23 on: Aug 22, 2005, 05:50:08 PM »
twin60s, i'm sorry but i have to speak out against this comment. i am neither gay or liberal, nor do i or anyone i know perpetuate interracial breeding, and i don't condone homosexuality or interracial breeding. but, the ideology you just spewed forth gives we Americans a bad name with the rest of the world. this is a very narrow-minded, simplistic view of the world that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. those who are destroying our trails either have not been educated about the effects of their actions, or lack the necessary respect for themselves and those around them who also use the trail.

i do, however, agree that if one cannot feed his children, he should not procreate for the reson you stated. this again comes back to simple accountability and responsibility for one's actions.

to reiterate: homosexuals, liberals, or mulattos are not the ones out there destroying the trails. true, people who fall into those categories no doubt contribute to the problem, but there are far more out there who are "normal" people who also stain the image of our off-roading community as a whole.
you are right. the liberal homo freaks that put FEINSTEIN into office have nothing to do with shutting down the trail. old FEINSTEIN and her girlfriend BOXER just thought of closing the trails on their own. comander FEINSTAIN has a plan with a list to shut down all the wheeling in Ca.,and she already has 4 or 5 closed already. so dont thank a diligant Scout/Wheeler that cotributes on a positive note,thank a freethinking,furtrading liberal that put FEINSTAIN into office