Author Topic: Bay leaves  (Read 843 times)

OVRAROK

• Online Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 26739
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
Bay leaves
« on: Nov 18, 2021, 07:00:06 PM »
BAYLEAVES” who knew? This is new to me!   
Came across this and figured I would share.
These are called "Bay leaves"
Many people add bay leaves to foods especially jollof rice (Nigerian), red meat and poultry but do you know why bay leaves are added to food?

When asked why, some reply: to add flavor to the food👐

Do you know that If you boil some bay leaves in a glass of water and taste it, it will have no flavor?
Now why do you put bay leaves in the meat?

The addition of bay leaves to meat converts triglycerides to monounsaturated fats, and for experimentation and confirmation:

Cut the chicken in half and cook each half in a pan and place on one bay leaf, and the other without bay leaf and observe the amount of fat in both pans.

If you have bay leaves, there is no need for a pharmacy. Recent scientific studies have shown that bay leaves have many benefits & helps to get rid of many serious health problems and illnesses.

The benefits of bay leaf are: -

*Bay leaf treats digestive disorders and helps eliminate lumps, Heartburn, Acidity & Constipation.

*It helps regulate bowel movement by drinking hot bay tea.

*It lowers blood sugar and bay leaf is also an antioxidant

*It allows the body to produce insulin by eating it or drinking bay tea for a month.

*IT eliminates bad cholesterol and relieves the body of triglycerides.

*It's very useful in treating colds, flu and severe cough as it is a rich source of vitamin "C", you can boil the leaves and inhale steam to get rid of phlegm and reduce the severity of cough.

*Bay leaf protects the heart from seizures and strokes as it contains cardiovascular protective compounds.

*It's rich in acids such as caffeic acid, quercetin, eigonol and bartolinide, substances that prevent the formation of cancer cells in the body.

*It eliminates insomnia and anxiety, if taken before bed, helps you relax and sleep peacefully.

Drinking a cup of boiled bay leaves twice a day breaks kidney stones and cures infections ...

Just like garlic and ginger are a must find amongst my collection of spices, Bay leaves are a must see in my collection of spices too(my little spice secrets to good aroma and flavor) 👌👍
Even the most primitive society, has an intimate respect for the insane.

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay leaves
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2021, 08:43:40 PM »
Then a couple more must adds are Tumeric and Honey.

Look into Jiaogulan, Chaga and Jamaica(Hibiscus) for tea. If you're into smoothies add a handful of goji berries, Papaya (both the meat and seeds) and some pineapple into whatever ya got in the blender.

Add some dandelion greens to your salad.

If you get really adventurous look into Tribulus Terrestris for a dietary supplement for an energy boost. You'll be surprised about this one. You'll learn to love this hated weed.

Look into Mushrooms and Fungi as well. If you learn to identify the edible mushrooms they can fill a great deal of your nutritional needs. One of the things I mentioned above is Chaga, it's a mushroom that grows on Birch trees. Birch bark is used as a tea to bolster immunity and as an anti-inflammatory, but the Chaga mushroom concentrates the benefits of Birch bark. It's quite tasty too!

Lots of other things out there that are very good for a healthy diet. Look into Chinese herbs and homeopathic therapies. Do be careful with your intake as some of those things can do as much bad as good when not consumed properly.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2021, 08:52:46 PM by sirdeuce »
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.

Gnarly4X

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5134
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Jun '16
  • 4-wheeling vicariously.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2021, 02:11:28 AM »
I am a big fan of supplements, herbs, and vitamins.  I take about 15 different “supplements” daily and have for many years.

At age 25, very shortly after my mother passed away at age 61 of complications from a rare disease, I started doing serious research into just about every aspect of diet and health - including immunology, virology, herbology, pharmacology, homeopathic therapy, a list of various diseases, and food. I especially looked at the studies and research.

I spent many years experimenting.  I took various herb and supplements.  I juiced for many years.  I had access to leading edge pharmacological research and anti-viral drugs.  I also had access to the studies and research being performed by top scientists in immunology and virology from multiple countries.

There are basically three things I discovered and to this day I still go by.

First, I discovered that that most of the claims were entirely unproven. If there were published research studies, they were not peer reviewed and omitted critical data.

Two, the ingredients in the claimed miracle “herb” or whatever name they used, was almost always never described.  Our body is basically a mass of chemistry.

And three, there are almost no regulations, testing, or monitoring of many herbs and other supplements. So.. how do you know what exactly you are getting?  There is a potential high risk factor.

What are the specific chemicals in bay leaves?

How much of each chemical is contain in a bay leaf?

What will those chemicals do inside our body?

Will those chemicals interact with other chemicals in our body?

How long will those chemicals remain in our body?

Will those chemicals break our brain barrier?

For example:   https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-bay-leaves#1

Where does it state how much of each of those “small amounts of many vitamins and minerals”?  Where does it state in what chemical form the iron is? Is the iron in bay leaves ferrous sulfate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous fumarate, ferric citrate, or ferric sulfate?  Why is that critical? Like most minerals - Iron toxicity – too much iron - can be very dangerous.

So what’s my point?…. I highly recommend that anyone considering taking supplements to do their own homework, do their own research, and be very careful with taking any supplement or herb without thoroughly understanding the specific chemicals you are going to put in your body.

That’s just my opinion – it may be worthless. :gap:

Gnarls. :usa:
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2021, 04:42:27 AM by Gnarly4X »
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~16,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

God Bless Our Troops... Especially Our Snipers. The 2nd defends the 1st
MEMBER: WWP, T2T, VFW, NRA, GOA, SAF, Mammoth Nation, C2 Tactical, Hillsdale College, Humane Society of the U.S. - "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them." ~ Albert Einstein

sirdeuce

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1293
  • Male Posts: 537
  • Member since Sep '06
  • One shot, one kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2021, 10:16:03 AM »
Good point on the toxicity levels. Definately pay attention to anything you consume. Even SOME of the most toxic substances we know of can be beneficial in small doses, Arsenic, Strychnine, Amygdalin etc.. I've told people in the past that Arsenic, when used properly, is like lubricant for the nervous system. It is a very thin line though.

Also need to pay attention to chemicals that can build up in your system, like metals.

Some beneficial foods need to be consumed at intevals, like "Velvet Beans", which are high in dopamine. And the afore mentioned Tribulus Terrestris. Not so much as having addictive properties, but can alter the body's way of utilizing chemicals.

So yeah, do your homework.
Brought to you by the WBC (World Billionaire's Club) because money is a bad thing. Let us carry that burden for you.

Sure it'll fit........ Just needs a little brute finesse.

Sure I believe intelligent life exists on other planets. Other planets, not this one.