Author Topic: DO YOU HATE YOUR JOB?  (Read 12535 times)

4DEES

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,403
  • Member since Jul '04
  • THROW SOME DEES ON THAT B1TCH!!
    • View Profile
Re: DO YOU HATE YOUR JOB?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »
I've been workin' at a new place for the past couple of weeks. I am now a deisel trailer mechanic,it's kinda hard but I like it,it keeps me busy and time goes by quick.the people are cool too,I guess I havent met the a$$holes yet! LOL :beerchug:
***ROCK BRAWLERS~Southern Cali***
 www.rockbrawlers.com 

'85 Toy, 42's and a body lift!

ROCK IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF!!

toywthbdydmge

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 240
  • Male Posts: 947
  • Member since Mar '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2005, 07:32:01 PM »
i hate my job because i had 2 go back 2 it after 6months of being off especially now that im a inspector  and had 2 back to being a concrete finisher due to all the rain so the inspection services are slow now but it should pick up soon so ill have it easy again  oh yeah im not lazy just that 16 years of concrete work will take a toll on your body  :hammerhead:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2005, 04:24:29 AM »
When you get new tires, don't pay for tire balance or new valve stems!  Just go to another les schwab store and say that your tires are out of balance.  Don't show them your invoice, just take your warranty paper in, usually they will write the inv# and date on the warranty paper, say your invoice is in a file at home and you forgot!!  And guess what?  They'll whip them off and put them on the balancer.  Without paying for it!   Hell, that will save you at least fifty to sixty bucks!!  More things to come later!!   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2005, 06:58:47 AM »
I don't really hate my job,I just hate the hours i have to work.3-11 PM,M-F. The job itself isn't that bad,I am an extruder operator,a machine that melts little pellets of poly(usually pvc or polyethylene) and puts it onto a bare copper conductor as insulation.Sometimes it gets boring just sittin there watching wire go by,but the pay is real good for the area and i only have to drive 5 miles to work.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2005, 07:07:19 AM »
When you get new tires, don't pay for tire balance or new valve stems!  Just go to another les schwab store and say that your tires are out of balance.  Don't show them your invoice, just take your warranty paper in, usually they will write the inv# and date on the warranty paper, say your invoice is in a file at home and you forgot!!  And guess what?  They'll whip them off and put them on the balancer.  Without paying for it!   Hell, that will save you at least fifty to sixty bucks!!  More things to come later!!   
Sweet! Thanks! :thumbs:  :yesnod:  :bowdown:
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.

scheid6996

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,216
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
lesterscrubbs put on my 35 inch baha claws and balenced them 4 free, and i didnt even buy them there
When i die, i wana Be buried face down, so anyone who doesnt like me can kiss my :moon:

Its a redneck thing
"Nobody Loves Me"

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2005, 09:40:38 PM »
i quit sunday is my last day :banana: good buy schmucks
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2005, 01:13:45 PM »
i quit sunday is my last day :banana: good buy schmucks

where to now?

jedimasteryoda

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 134
  • Male Posts: 119
  • Member since May '05
  • not offroading yet all my rigs r down
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »
i hate not having a job   gonna get oen next week though workin in a saw mill makin  200-800 a day depends on how hard i work and how many poles i have to peel.  bossman told me theres a months worth allready staked there.  be able to buy me soem brand new tires by the first of the month.   
its a truck its built for this kind of stuff.
  under my tires is a honda

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2005, 05:10:06 PM »
A story from work:

Where I work there are two main groups, the engineers and the productions guys.  I am an engineer (respected by the production guys that I work with) and we as a group are often at odds with production.  A couple of days ago a production general foreman the equivalent to my boss two or three levels up made a request of us that stopped all work until we came to an agreement.  The past couple of days we have been working to find the reason for the request, because this particular person has been known to be unreasonable, today we arranged a meeting with all of the higher ups involved.  The person in question didn't even come to the meeting and basically said that he had other things to do.  My engineering boss would have been ripped in the same situation, but nobody has said anything to this guy.  The story on his side changed twice today and then I think he chickened out knowing that he was going to lose.

I also learned a new song today, since I can't sing you will have to make up your own tune.

The words are as follows, "I love the FN Blank, and the Blank loves FN me."  Insert your place of work for Blank.  I try to avoid  :censored: type of language at all costs, but this is to true and fitting to pass up.  Enjoy.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »
i hate my job because i had 2 go back 2 it after 6months of being off especially now that im a inspector and had 2 back to being a concrete finisher due to all the rain so the inspection services are slow now but it should pick up soon so ill have it easy again oh yeah im not lazy just that 16 years of concrete work will take a toll on your body :hammerhead:

In the summers (and during spring break) I set basement forms in Colorado during HS and College, so I know what you mean...at least in the short term.  It was actually my main motivation to finish my education.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2005, 11:47:06 AM »
As for concrete work I can testify to how hard of work it is.  My dad has done it for 25+ years and I've helped out on the job site alot! 
And I think my 7 years at Les Schwab busting truck tires, loader tires, and tractor tires down by hand, has taken a toll on my body.  I'm 33 and some days I have alot of problems with my lower back, hips, and knees.  And now I walk around all on concrete floors in rubber boots!   :help:
I like my job now cause it's easy, but we are going union negotiations, and we just had a vote on a contract that basically wanted to give us a raise if we were willing to basically pay for our medical.   :bull crap:   
Here are their figures; we get a $0.34 raise, but ins. will cost us $1.00 per hour!!    :bull crap:   :maddest:  :bull crap: 
How does a multi-million dollar company just decide they don't want to pay for insurance.  We produce the best cheese, and ice cream in the country, and yet they are willing to screw with us to the point that quality might be in jeopardy.  We have another vote on the 31st, to see if we strike or not!  I don't want to strike, cause I have to think about my family, but I don't want to get screwed!! 

So, as of right now, I am beginning to hate my job!!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

mudaddict

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 1,829
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
    • All Pro Off Road
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2005, 11:55:30 AM »
where to now?

no where i am done until i move fown to arizona in july for schol then i will start looking for a job not sure where im gonan work.
98 Taco- Super charged, sas'd, bobbed, locked,taco boxed with 39's
Taco Build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88901.0

I work At
All Pro Off Road

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2005, 11:58:57 AM »
I work for the DOD and the pay system is going to be changed completely in 2006 (starting to be more than a rumor).  It is unknown what will change in actual pay.  Right now they got rid of some special pay tables for the engineers that cost a couple of my friends about 6G a year because they got their promotions about 3 months after I did.  If my temporary promotion isn't made permanent (only and issue because of the new pay system) I will not get my current pay grade back and be in the 6G less category, that will bug me a bit to be certain  :rivers: .  Because my temp promotion puts me into a higher pay band in the new pay system, I expect all of the temp promotions will be taken away prior to the change and then who knows.  Other than I work with a ton of baboons  :hammer:   :crazy: and the pay system is bogus  :dunno: , I really can't complain about my job.

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2005, 12:22:41 PM »
Um, uhh, yeah, I actually maintain our pay system here, and uhh, sometimes have something to do with, uhh, yeah changes. :sad2: