Author Topic: OG here! Whats up?  (Read 189 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1398
  • Male Posts: 4,448
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
OG here! Whats up?
« on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
OG here!  Been a long time since I been here.  Things look to have slowed down on the forum.  Alot of new names.  :thumbs:  Hopefully, they are all full of important Toyota wisdom they are willing to share? 

I have had to take a step back from electronic devices for a while.  NO, I did not get in trouble with anything.   :rofl2:  I needed to spend some time with family more, and electronics less.  Kids growing up too fast!!!  Two in College, (well one for sure, the second not sure if going back)  :dunno: and a beautiful daughter who is struggling with Extreme Anxiety, and Depression.  And a wife who is addicted to social media!!  :help: 

My poor Toyota has been neglected, but still starts and runs good and strong.  But living near/on the coast, is taking its toll with the cab, with rust.   :tantrum:  My old BFG's that I purchased from one of the original OG, Kyota, are nearly gone!  I mean almost drag slicks gone!   

I hope to be back on here more.  At least once in a while!

Your Cheesy Moderator, Cheesemaker!!   :shades:

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 477
  • Male Posts: 3,974
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Re: OG here! Whats up?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2020, 08:43:00 PM »
yes the forum has slowed down, same as pirate and a few others,
anyhow welcome back, I kinda disappeared for the last 5 years as well

Gnarly4X

• Turtle Points: 3804
  • Male Posts: 3,238
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Marlin and I slid "The Sluice" Martinez Canyon
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2020, 03:46:05 AM »
...  I needed to spend some time with family more, and electronics less.

I hope to be back on here more.  At least once in a while!

Hey Cheese….

I understand your situation.  For me, family and my health comes before anything to do with toys, wheels, and social media.

I believe cell phones and social media can become an OCD quickly and can be just as addictive as drugs or gambling.

If I had a daughter, my focus would be on her total and complete mental and physical health.  I believe diet is a major factor in almost all health issues.

Unfortunately, is seems easy to spend WAY too much time on sites like this.

Social media today has good, bad, and very ugly.

Stay focused on your family.  You can always pop on here for a few minutes to get a little personal distraction and temporary escape from your reality.

Living on the coast comes with some corrosive air.  Of course, keeping a vehicle garaged or covered to help reduce moisture or condensation and help to prevent rust.  Bald tires…..  No Bueno!

All the best to you and your family. :biggthumpup:

Gnarls. :gap:

1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~26,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1398
  • Male Posts: 4,448
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2020, 07:17:23 AM »
Hey Cheese….

I understand your situation.  For me, family and my health comes before anything to do with toys, wheels, and social media.

I believe cell phones and social media can become an OCD quickly and can be just as addictive as drugs or gambling.

If I had a daughter, my focus would be on her total and complete mental and physical health.  I believe diet is a major factor in almost all health issues.

Unfortunately, is seems easy to spend WAY too much time on sites like this.

Social media today has good, bad, and very ugly.

Stay focused on your family.  You can always pop on here for a few minutes to get a little personal distraction and temporary escape from your reality.

Living on the coast comes with some corrosive air.  Of course, keeping a vehicle garaged or covered to help reduce moisture or condensation and help to prevent rust.  Bald tires…..  No Bueno!

All the best to you and your family. :biggthumpup:

Gnarls. :gap:

Thanks Gnarls!  I have a very small garage, and a shop.  I would park my truck in the shop, but its out back, and always full with stuff.  My RV storage shed is full too!   :rofl2:  But its has a rather large pile of Yota parts that I was given for free.  Which I could make some nickels if I were to sort it all out, and weed out the stuff I don't need.  But I have a back up car, 2000 Ford Fuckus (Focus) ZK3, which is my GoCart, or Fuckus I call it.  Depends on the mood I am at when driving it!  :driving:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

RUGER

• Online Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4167
  • Male Posts: 693
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2020, 10:17:58 AM »
cheesemaker,

I just got back into marlin a few months ago after many many years.

i miss kyota. good dude fer sure.

im still got bigmikes pre kevlar mtrs on my rig, well 3 of the 4.

RUGER :usa: :beer: :usa:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:
"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS

run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,263
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2020, 01:55:58 PM »
Cheesy! :smooch:

I come and go as well - a lot of the OG's have taken to the trails, or submitted to life's demands :yesnod: Good to see you back!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Slabzilla

• Online Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 1108
  • Male Posts: 427
  • Member since Dec '13
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:37:37 PM »
 :welcome:  back Cheesy, take care of your family and the wheelin' will come.  This coastal air does do nasties to our rigs.   :therethere:
'85 Xtra-cab, 4.5" Downey Off-Road lift, 12-15 KM2's on American Racing Baja's, Marlin's-4.88's & 4.7's, Downey Off-Road CAI, Marlin rear bumper & sliders

Wainiha

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 515
  • Male Posts: 926
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:25:00 AM »
Salt air? Try Kauai...(And this is the only forum I still love)
2000 3.4L xtra-cab Tacoma.
Icon C/Os
Marlin 1200lb. clutch
Marlin short shifter
FLOODED...GONE

2005 4.0L xtra-cab Tacoma
King Resi C/Os and Total Chaos UCAs
Waiting on Marlin for the RA60 Short throw shifter...Hint Hint
FLOODED...GONE

2012 4.0L xtra-cab 4x4 Tacoma
Automatic...Don't shoot...
 King resi C/O
and Total Chaos UCAs

^ Who let Wainiha into the mainland?? :yikes: - Big Mike

Gnarly4X

• Turtle Points: 3804
  • Male Posts: 3,238
  • Member since Jun '16
  • Marlin and I slid "The Sluice" Martinez Canyon
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 04:22:32 AM »
Salt air? Try Kauai...(And this is the only forum I still love)

I've been to Kauai twice and it is THE best salt air I've ever had the pleasure to breathe!!  :beerchug:

Gnarls.  :gap:
1986 XtraCab SR5 22RE 5speed W56B, ~26,000 MI after break-in, DIM (Did It Myself) rebuilt engine - .020" over, engnbldr RV head, OS valves, 261C cam, DT Header. https://imgur.com/oACTHTR