Author Topic: Rest In Peace A.P.T.C.  (Read 1286 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Rest In Peace A.P.T.C.
« on: Jan 16, 2016, 09:54:49 PM »
Holly Amber Acosta Doucette
January 14 at 6:58pm

My father, LAPD Sergeant (Ret.) Alexander "Paul" Acosta, passed away last night in his sleep at home. He was a retired LAPD Sergeant who was awarded the Medal of Valor (the highest decoration a police officer can receive that is not awarded by the President) in 1981.

1981 Medal of Valor Recipients - Los Angeles Police Department

He was a very complex person who struggled with the "invisible wound" of severe PTSD for the past 36 years. He was married to my mom for 46 years. My brother was very close to him.

My father desperately wanted a traditional girly-girl for a daughter but instead got a hard-headed tomboy. Irresistible force meet immovable object.

I hope that he has finally found peace from his demons.

Better known as Paul Acosta which a few of you had the opportunity to meet and most will know better by his 1985 4Runner passed away on Jan. 14. Due to his severe medical condition most of you know that I had parked my 4Runner in order to get him back to doing what he enjoyed most 4 wheeling and in Nov we went to his favorite place Calico where he had one of his best trips in a long time. Sure glad that was the last place I took him. He was also one of the original organizers of the Toyota 4Runner Jamboree which is now continued as the Tinbender Jamboree.

We were scheduled to have gone back to Calico this weekend but it was not to be. His condition made it almost impossible for him to get online and post anything so it was always done vicariously though me. He was also a US Army Tank Commander which is what his username refers to and was also awarded L.A.P.D Officer Of The Year and The Medal Of Valor.

I was the only other person ever allowed to drive his rig due to his condition since not only did he trust my driving but I was also the only other person besides his wife that knew what to do when he would have a stroke or look like he was headed to having one.

R.I.P. My big Mexican buddy.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2016, 10:36:27 PM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

SqWADoosh

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 10966
  • Male Posts: 2,417
  • Member since Oct '14
    • View Profile
Re: Rest In Peace A.P.T.C.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2016, 10:43:44 PM »
Sounds like he was a beautiful soul. Sorry to hear he has passed. :sad2:

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 759
  • Male Posts: 13,855
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Rest In Peace A.P.T.C.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2016, 10:46:37 PM »
He was but those demons and his medical condition really affected his life. Many people walked away but I knew the person that he really was and I'm glad to have stuck with him and his family to the end.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you