Author Topic: Have I had my head up my butt?  (Read 2612 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Have I had my head up my butt?
« on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
I don't want to say anything before others view this...other than to ask, has everyone else seen this?

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Yes...I know, even if no one else has seen it either, I may still have had my head up my butt.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Re: Have I had my head up my butt?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
I think we should forget about him, and focus on the positive. Not glorifying the shooter.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:39:01 AM »
I think we should forget about him, and focus on the positive. Not glorifying the shooter.

Did you watch the video?

I don't see any glorification anywhere.

I'm talking about them saying he used no long guns in his murders...only handguns. He had an AR style rifle in his car.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
I did, and it is glorifying, we still talk about him still talk about guns. 
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
It doesn't bother you that governments across the country are already shredding the Constitution based on lies and demagoguery?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
Of course it does. I think we need to make a stand, we need to say we will not be lied to anymore. We will only be shown the facts, we will not be disarmed, we will not be slaves. I think we need to rethink our government. We need to reduce its power. It has become too powerful. It used to be the government worked for us, now we work for it.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2013, 12:29:43 PM »
Of course it does. I think we need to make a stand, we need to say we will not be lied to anymore. We will only be shown the facts, we will not be disarmed, we will not be slaves. I think we need to rethink our government. We need to reduce its power. It has become too powerful. It used to be the government worked for us, now we work for it.

We agree then.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »
we will not be slaves.

speack for yourself. I'm ready and willing to be a slave to  our goverment. I can't wait till
they have the power to run my daily life. hurry plz.
as far as the butthead at the school and what ever he used I think we need armed officers in schools.
f the media and the "investagation". he's dead don't let it happen again with out taking mine from my cold dead hands.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
we had an armed cop at our high school... he was an assigned school resource officer..... he also covered any neighboring school in the area as well

the problem is not letting people with screwed up kids own guns and let them have access to them
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
brainlessfool...somehow I knew a post about something up a butt would bring you out of your closet (lair).

I gots some news for you...they already can. Try to think of 1 thing in your life that is not controlled somehow, by some level of government. Someone came up with an example...but, I forgot. I can never think of anything...from birth to death, the land of the free is now the land of the fettered.

As far as armed personnel in schools, I completely agree. The best argument in favour of guards is to look at how airports have changed...terrorist acts, committed by lunatics...now they have guards. Federal office buildings (as well as most state and local) and courthouses...terrorist acts, committed by lunatics...now they have guards. Schools...this may sound bad...but, I would put protecting children far, far above protecting government workers.

When the Murrah Bldg. was blown up with a fertilizer and diesel bomb in a rental truck...they didn't try to ban fertilizer, diesel or rental trucks.

When the 9/11 attacks took place the didn't try to ban airplanes or tall buildings.

Leftists do not like guns.

Always, always...remember, in the words of a close friend and trusted advisor to the Vacationer in Chief, Rahm Emanuel "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.".

Politicians in general and this current crop in particular are the worst type liars. They feed off of fear and misinformation. I will never understand why some have a need, a burning need to control others. Why would anyone want so much power?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »
we had an armed cop at our high school... he was an assigned school resource officer..... he also covered any neighboring school in the area as well

the problem is not letting people with screwed up kids own guns and let them have access to them

The Newtown lunatic didn't own the guns...they were his mom's (the first person he killed). One thing that might help...if you have someone in your family that is not stable, on medications or has a psychological condition..those families need to be held to a higher standard of responsibility...require that they own and use gun safes.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »
We will never know why he killed, or how he got the guns. Yes I know from his mother. Did she have a safe? Did he say hey show me how to clean then in order to get her to unlock them? We dont know.
the definition of crazy is, doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. BAN BAN BAN, we ban killing, we ban guns in schools, in malls, we ban all these things and expect a change. But bans dont stop human nature to kill.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »
If bans worked...no one could buy crack on the corner.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2013, 07:56:31 PM »
Thats my point, they dont work, and its crazy to think they do

79yota4x

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 127
  • Member since Feb '11
    • View Profile
Get oN iT anD Stay on iT
79 pickup doved, locked, half cage, boggers
88 ext pickup linked with fox airs up front, 39.5 iroks,Beadlocks, 5.29s, 4.7s, chromolys, 6shooters, hp arb,  spool and 56 chevys in the rear