Author Topic: toyota people spend way to much time on craigslist  (Read 3070 times)

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
toyota people spend way to much time on craigslist
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:27:04 AM »
Im from a town where there is not a whole lot of 4 wheelers so if someone sells a truck or gets a new one everyone knows about it within a week.  And its kind of lame buying a truck and then having some randome person come up to you that knows the whole history of ur truck and telling how they use to beat the :pokinit: out of it wheeling.  So about a month ago I bought a truck I found on craigslist.  The truck was two counties away.  It took me a couple hours to go get it and i figured no way anyone would know anything about the truck.  I spend the month adding my personal touches changing it up a little bit, and the first time i take it out wheeling 2 different people come up to me asking if i bought it off craigslist and they start listing off the specs on the truck to me as if I didnt already know them.  This world is to small and craigslist is way to much of an addiction for toyota people.

-Jake-

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 538
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I know dude I look about 10 times a day for toyotas and or parts.
81 Hilux, E-Lockers, 5.29s, Duals, 30 spline Longfields, 8274 Warn, 40" Iroks, F150s and RUF

YotaNate

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 276
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
I'm guilty!   :cheese:

The forums and Craigslist are my two default Internet Explorer home pages LOL

Nate
"A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper asked.  What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I check craigslist all the time and see board members selling stuff.  Found some really good deals on there and have seen some people who seem to think toyota means solid gold.

And its kind of lame buying a truck and then having some randome person come up to you that knows the whole history of ur truck and telling how they use to beat the :pokinit: out of it wheeling. 

:haha:  had the reverse happen to me.  I was finishing up the paperwork when selling my old street bike to a kid when a friend showed up.  He says "oh cool, you sold the f2!  man, you shoulda seen him ride this thing, he rode the :pokinit: out of it!"  :shake: 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Travis H

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -367
  • Male Posts: 789
  • Member since Sep '08
  • 5100 ft
    • View Profile
never had anyone tell me about my truck, but i check craigslist several times aday, even when i dont have any money to spend lol

1985SR5

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 105
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
Hell Ya! Toyota people spend to much time on Craigslist, I check everyday after work religiously!! You never know who is selling what or what parts are out there!!!
  Guilty, Guilty, Guilty!! (But that's OK)

Brett

studentwheeler

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 121
  • Male Posts: 382
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The best is checking cl in the bathroom at work on my crackberry.

1972TLC

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Female Posts: 16
  • Member since Nov '09
  • newbisaurus
    • View Profile
finishing up my morning forum prowl. now it's on to cl  :greengrin:

cali4runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -45
  • Male Posts: 124
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
i love craigslist their is nothing wrong with checking for new rigs

4runner4x4

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 291
  • Male Posts: 260
  • Member since Aug '08
  • lockers before light bars.
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
marlin and c list are my home pages lol
1983 Toyota pickup Sr5 6 inch shackle lift 33 super swampers 4:88 gears front and rear locked in the rear 22r high lift air tank tools and other junk(sold)
1987 4runner ifs 3 inch pro comp lift 33" TSL swampers and a cherry bomb exhaust(sold)
1987 4runner Sr5 current sas build
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=101170.new#new

dezrik

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since Jul '09
    • View Profile
I roll craigslist every 2 hours, I like getting good deals before anyone else LOL!

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
they sale cars on craigslist?   :dunno:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

75 toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 164
  • Male Posts: 332
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
The best is checking cl in the bathroom at work on my crackberry.

I thought I was the only one that did that.  :yupyup:  CL and Marlins forum are the only reason I have a phone with internet.

86rustbucket

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
this was my latest treasure from scanning cl

got it for $50 less than hour after he posted it

how long would that have been around? 

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I need one d'em
anyways.. thats whats open right now... two craigs pages and marlin...
ALSO, I missed out on a set of 50% tread 36" iroks $50 bucks for FOUR of them... didnt have the cash... while figuring out how to get the cash.. they were gone
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
Ive bought/sold everything but my dirty underwear on cl...... I put those on ebay...

One time I bought a toy solid axle complete for $100 a block away from my house, 2 days later traded it for a 40in 1080p samsung flat panel tv that is now my computer monitor.

Another time I bought a built s/a 4runner with marlin duals, 5.29s, locked f/r on 35's for $800, drove and wheeled it for months without any problems..

Then I bought a pristine never seen dirt 85 4runner for $1200 from the original owner

Then I bought 3 lincoln mig welders, kept the best one, best cart, biggest bottle, best regulator, then sold the other 2 and made $200 profit.

Then I bought new in box yukon v6 5.29's, install kits, 2 v6 diffs, a solid front axle, and a box full of misc new marlin parts for $300

Then I bought a brand new fully built ready to run axial crawler with a dig tranny, jr radio, badass beadlocks, badass servos, panther tires, crawler esc, and all aluminum axles for $100

Then I sold 2 trail 90's to a guy for $400, he paypal'd me the money then I waited for 2 months for him to show up and he never did, so I put them up for $600 and they were sold the next day.

Then I bought a 94 2wd yota for $1000 from my neighbor, blew the headgasket and sold it for $1300 on cl with the motor out and apart.

Then I bought 8 bilsteins, 4 10's and 4 14's for $100 total. Im up $150 and kept a pair for myself.

Then I bought an elocker 3rd for $100 in great shape and the guy deliverd it to my house. It was listed under the name "toyota diff" with a picture up for 3 weeks and I was the first call.

Then last week I bought an 03 tacoma 3rz complete with everything but a bellhousing, 90k miles for $450. Its funny to me because thats how much the throttle body spacer and k&n filter kit cost new.. Now I have a guy buying my complete 22re with 170k for $750.

I got layed off 8 months ago and im making just as much money bartering on cl and junkyard hopping on 1/2 off day and reselling on cl. Plus I find cool stuff like hi pinion diffs, turbo trannys, dana 60's, 5.0 ford gt40 heads and propane kits..

this my man lysol, fresh out the joint