Author Topic: Fall Reiter Trails Clean-up  (Read 1751 times)

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8403
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Fall Reiter Trails Clean-up
« on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:24:55 PM »
We have a clean-up every 6 months at Reiter Trails, the unofficial ORV area about 15 miles from me. It is an odd situation as it is DNR land but not recognized as an ORV park. We have been working with the DNR to try and police the area and clean up trash that has been dumped. The area is now slated to be an ORV park in the future. When we first started clean-ups there was a huge amount of trash mostly dumped by local people to avoid dump fees. The DNR officers and local Sheriffs have been patrolling the area since spring and there was much less trash than during any past clean-up. The word is finally getting out and some of the worst offenders have begun to be educated. A couple high profile and expensive tickets seemed to help also. I worked the night before and didn't arrive until noon so I went off by myself to collect trash while evryone else munched burgers and hot dogs provided by Reiter Trail Watch. Here are a few shots of my wanderings as I picked up garbage. 

Base camp
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Prismo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Reiter Trails Clean-up
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:26:37 PM »
Getting higher
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Prismo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:31:36 PM »
All the gates that are usually closed leading to a cell tower were open so I drove to the top.
View from the top. Mt Rainier in the background 1st 2 pictures.

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:39:21 AM »
Glad to see you guys got out and did a cleanup.  I have tried getting my club more involved around here but unfortunately I don't think that we will have many if any places to wheel within the next 2 year.  I haven't gotten a chance to go up and visit Reiter yet but I hope to sometime soon.  I hear that there are quite a few fun places and trails to wheel.

Boosted

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Member since Jun '08
  • PacificNWRockCrawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
Damn, if I knew about this I would came out with a bunch of guys to help....where do we find out about these events before they happen?

Thanks, Bill

Prismo [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »
Unless you go to http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/index.php you probably wouldn't know. I will post a thread on here a couple weeks before they happen from now on.