Author Topic: Maybe the best thing since the spork  (Read 1770 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Maybe the best thing since the spork
« on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:05:53 AM »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Maybe the best thing since the spork
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:12:09 AM »
thaththing is pretty cool...although im not sure i see a real practical use for it... :dunno:

but i guess im not too knowledgeable in the way of weapons to know the AR-15s main purpose.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »
I want one.  Even though I don't have an AR its on my list of guns to buy.  That is freakin awesome.  My thumbs always hurt after a few mags are loaded when we go shooting.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:15:33 AM »
to know the AR-15s main purpose.

Killing Zombies
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »
I want one.  Even though I don't have an AR its on my list of guns to buy.  That is freakin awesome.  My thumbs always hurt after a few mags are loaded when we go shooting.

They're pricey, but if you go shooting with a bunch of friends, you could split the cost ($350+).

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2008, 10:18:25 AM »
Killing Zombies

and Crack heads.  but that is like the same thing.  :hahaha:

damn that thing is awsome!   I always hated just loading the clip of a pistol with my dad as a kid.
I like to Drive!

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
I just got an AR last week.  These guys also make a version for stripper clips that i think would be more practical.  Also they make a single loader that i thought would be just as time consuming as hand loading, it would just save your thumb. 

Stripper Clips
http://maglula.tripod.com/Striplula.htm

Single
http://maglula.tripod.com/lula.htm

Pistol
http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2008, 12:53:07 PM by Trout_Of_Death »
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2008, 01:25:52 PM »
Money wise, the first two make much more sense, but there's no cool factor! I've got a pistol loader, not theirs...great time saver.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »
eh, ive got to get my Bullet Button before ill buy one, otherwise i have to top load mine... Stupid CA laws.
"Who let the jeeps come?

81 Toy Pickup SR5

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »
eh, ive got to get my Bullet Button before ill buy one, otherwise i have to top load mine... Stupid CA laws.

What?

I know there isn't enough space on the web to discuss all of California's stupid laws...but, please tell me there isn't a lapel button you have to buy in order to buy a speed loader!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #10 on: Jul 24, 2008, 12:39:23 AM »
CA has a law stating you cant have a detachable mag and a pistol grip amongst many other "evil" features as they are referred to.  The easiest way around the law is to fix you magazine to the gun so it cant be removed without a tool.  Two styles are the Prince 50 Mag Lock and the Bullet Button.  The P50 locks the mag in place using an allen screw so you have to break the receiver apart to top load 10 rounds into the mag.  The BB is a mag locking device that uses the tip of a .223 bullet as the tool to release the magazine.  Thus how im allowed to own an AR style rifle in Commiefornia.  I currently have to take my receiver apart and load in a 10 rounds.

You also cannot fix any magazine capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.  CA also has banned many lower recievers so the CA legal receivers are often referred to as Off List Lowers or OLLs.  Welcome to he communistic state :D!
"Who let the jeeps come?

81 Toy Pickup SR5

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 24, 2008, 12:54:45 AM »
CA has a law stating you cant have a detachable mag and a pistol grip amongst many other "evil" features as they are referred to.  The easiest way around the law is to fix you magazine to the gun so it cant be removed without a tool.  Two styles are the Prince 50 Mag Lock and the Bullet Button.  The P50 locks the mag in place using an allen screw so you have to break the receiver apart to top load 10 rounds into the mag.  The BB is a mag locking device that uses the tip of a .223 bullet as the tool to release the magazine.  Thus how im allowed to own an AR style rifle in Commiefornia.  I currently have to take my receiver apart and load in a 10 rounds.

You also cannot fix any magazine capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.  CA also has banned many lower recievers so the CA legal receivers are often referred to as Off List Lowers or OLLs.  Welcome to he communistic state :D!

I may be dreaming here...but, didn't SCOTUS just rule that people have a right to carry common arms? I believe detachable, 30 rd mags are far more common than fixed 10 rd mags. The NRA will soon go after that law, if Cali doesn't change it first to avoid litigation.

Meanwhile...neener, neener, neener...I live in AZ! We can carry on our hip, hidden (with CCW) and we can get suppressors!  :haha:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »
i never said i like the laws here, nor will i break the laws, i will simply live within them.
"Who let the jeeps come?

81 Toy Pickup SR5

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2008, 01:31:42 AM »
i will simply live within them.

And vote to get them overturned!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
I use surplus military stripper clips to load my AR mags. The kids and I load the clips the night before we shoot.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle: