Author Topic: 'Guns' from another forum  (Read 3176 times)

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
'Guns' from another forum
« on: Apr 27, 2008, 06:42:23 AM »
Disclaimer:  I do not carry a gun...
Just thought some of you might like it.

Subject: Guns
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an a$$ kickin'.
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

Trunkz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 79
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 'Guns' from another forum
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2008, 08:09:13 AM »
sometimes it helps to remind people that the police are just historians, they show up after the crime and document what they see

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »

John Steinbeck issued a warning that all should remember:
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an a$$ kickin'.

I've been saying that for the last 20 years: my knees are to bad for me to run...or to chase, smoked to many years to fight for very long...so, bang!

In general that's a good sentiment. But, if you believe it...why don't you carry?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Stocker [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »
In general that's a good sentiment. But, if you believe it...why don't you carry?
I do believe in the right to carry, and considered it many years ago.  Truth is, I live in a fairly safe, relatively crime-free area and never felt threatened enough to do so.  If the situation were to change, I would take the class  :shake_head: and get the permit.  Until then, I have enough firepower at home should an emergency arise!   :yesnod:

And I sympathize with the knees, mine are not good either and slowly getting worse...  too many years, too many hills. :ack:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »
I do believe in the right to carry, and considered it many years ago.  Truth is, I live in a fairly safe, relatively crime-free area and never felt threatened enough to do so.  If the situation were to change, I would take the class  :shake_head: and get the permit.  Until then, I have enough firepower at home should an emergency arise!   :yesnod:

And I sympathize with the knees, mine are not good either and slowly getting worse...  too many years, too many hills. :ack:

I disagree with you disagreeing  :greengrin: , but it's your choice.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2008, 12:10:28 PM »
He lives in an area where you really could still sleep with your doors open.  It's not a town where people worry about their young children cavorting around town by themselves. 

I, on the other hand, live in a place where the state loves to drop parolees  :shake:  and carrying a sidearm isn't a bad idea.  Being as small as I am, it'd be hard to properly conceal a pistol.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 27, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
He lives in an area where you really could still sleep with your doors open.  It's not a town where people worry about their young children cavorting around town by themselves. 

I, on the other hand, live in a place where the state loves to drop parolees  :shake:  and carrying a sidearm isn't a bad idea.  Being as small as I am, it'd be hard to properly conceal a pistol.

That's one of the good things about AZ...you don't have to conceal. You can get a CWP or just carry it out in the open, of course people tend to not get near you in line at the grocery store.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »
That's one of the good things about AZ...you don't have to conceal. You can get a CWP or just carry it out in the open, of course people tend to not get near you in line at the grocery store.

And that is a bad thing?  :gap: There are some people here in Reno that you wouldn't to have near you in line at the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter.  Why is it that those people are always the ones that insist on standing RIGHT next to you?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
And that is a bad thing?  :gap: There are some people here in Reno that you wouldn't to have near you in line at the grocery store, or anywhere else for that matter.  Why is it that those people are always the ones that insist on standing RIGHT next to you?

Of course...it could be the week old burritos I ate last night.  :dunno:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
:fart:

we have CWP  here  but  if its not concealed  you dont need the permit,  at least  if its in your truck
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
Same here.  You can have a gun laying on the seat or dash, even on a rack in the back window, just as long as none of them are loaded.  You can have rounds in the magazine when off-road, just can't have one in the chamber. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!