Author Topic: Does your significant other drive like this?  (Read 1850 times)

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Does your significant other drive like this?
« on: Apr 21, 2004, 05:58:14 PM »
My wife drives to work every morning changing radio stations, coffee cup in one hand, steering with her knees, and putting on make-up with the other hand.  Its also a manual, so she presses in the clutch, coasts for about fifty feet, puts her coffee in the console, and then shifts.  Oh god it drives me  :shocking:

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8461
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
Re: Does your significant other drive like this?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2004, 01:30:13 AM »
I rode back from Palm Springs last week with a girl I go out with off & on. Flying down I90 at 85mph taking up 2 lanes with the white line even with the hood ornament while putting on lipstick. I closed my eyes & hoped for the best. What the heck does she need lipstick for driving cross country? Impress the gas station attendant with the turban? I am driving from now on wherever we go, I like being alive. :yupyup:
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Celerity

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Go anywhere, anytime, any condition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:32:34 AM »
My girlfriend is a bit of a tomboy, and doesn't do the makeup thing. Behind the wheel she is nothing but business, focused and reactive.

The unfortunate bit is, that after 11 years of trying, I can't teach her what a skid is.  She literally can't feel when she's skidding. She locks up the brakes and says "What was that noise? Why are my brakes so mushy?"  She understeers out of her lane and complains to me that her "Steering doesn't work".  I can't figure out why she's not receptive to the idea of traction loss.

-> Steve
We as humans have 4 obligations to God, Country, and ourselves. Travel. Respect. Learn. Pass on.

flipside_nv

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Feb '04
  • Rush hour on the Yota Highway!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 12:26:01 AM »
Mine thinks that jumping mud holes while I'm in the back of the truck at 30mphs is oh so funny.   :smack:  :smack:  :smack:
This country girl grew up on the back roads and knows how to drive them.  I just wish she wouldn't prove it while I'm holding onto the role bar.   :maddest:
Credit cards are evil............

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 12:31:01 PM »
My boyfriend likes to ebrake it on me when I'm least expecting it.  My problem is I like to switch cd's/stations while I'm driving.   :smack:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 09:04:37 PM »
Mine thinks that jumping mud holes while I'm in the back of the truck at 30mphs is oh so funny.   :smack:  :smack:  :smack:
This country girl grew up on the back roads and knows how to drive them.  I just wish she wouldn't prove it while I'm holding onto the role bar.   :maddest:

That is freaking the funniest thing ever!  I love it. :biggthumpup: