Author Topic: Knee jerk reaction!  (Read 1851 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Knee jerk reaction!
« on: Jun 05, 2007, 01:48:07 PM »
Well the attention sleeper panic activated Congress is at it again. Some are wanting to spend 300m for TB research.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070605/pl_nm/tuberculosis_usa_dc

One guy dies who was taking ephedra and they ban it. One guy travels with TB and they start throwing (more of) our money at it...why don't they just ban TB?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: Knee jerk reaction!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »
Holy carp!
I bet the guy's father in law who werks at the CDC on TB stuff infected the guy on purpose cause they are running short on funds for his werk and he wants a raise.  Viola! It worked...Congress is gonna give him his money.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2007, 02:25:57 PM »
Holy carp!
I bet the guy's father in law who werks at the CDC on TB stuff infected the guy on purpose cause they are running short on funds for his werk and he wants a raise.  Viola! It worked...Congress is gonna give him his money.

What about the possibility that he infected his, then future, SIL so he couldn't marry his daughter?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »
And then it backfires...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2007, 03:11:24 PM »
And then it backfires...

I don't know...I may have to make a tin foil hat on this one (do they still make tin foil?). It's just a little too convenient that his FIL works at the CDC and deals with TB. What are the odds?
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2007, 05:04:48 PM by abnormaltoy »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2007, 09:19:32 PM »
I think they should commission a committee and spend 10,000,000 to find out if it is worth the money to spend on the research, that should only take them about 5 years and then they'll submit a 10,000 page document on the issue. By then we'll all be dead of TB.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2007, 09:28:24 PM »
I think they should commission a committee and spend 10,000,000 to find out if it is worth the money to spend on the research, that should only take them about 5 years and then they'll submit a 10,000 page document on the issue. By then we'll all be dead of TB.

Just a little cynical? :therethere:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)