Author Topic: What do you think is makin this run like you know what?  (Read 1243 times)

82rustbeast

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 318
  • Male Posts: 500
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
What do you think is makin this run like you know what?
« on: May 15, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
My 22R will not idle below 1100 RPMs. Ive come to the conclusion that its a vaccum leak. I put new gaskets on the intake manifold and on each side of the carb spacer, but I didnt put on any gasket sealer. Do you think that if I put some sealer on that it'll run better. It runs the same with all of the vaccum lines off except the timing advance vacuum. And the timing is correct.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
sure there isnt a problem with the carb? as in a stuck valve or something of that sort?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
 the easiest way to find a vacume leak is to get a can of starting fluid (or carb cleaner) and use the skiney nosle and spray around the areas you think it may be leaking and if there is a leak the engine will revup ( with carb cleaner it will bog down) with that you should be able to fine your leak. Good luck
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

82rustbeast [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 318
  • Male Posts: 500
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
before I pulled the origional carb off, it idled low, but ran like crap, so I took it off, and cleaned both of the mating surfaces and installed a rebuilt good carb with no gasket sealer. I already have the carb off so Im not going to reinstall it to check with carb cleaner. This is the third carb, so I pretty sure that its a vaccum leak. I talked with my co-workers down at Napa Auto and they agreed to the vaccum leaks. And Id belive those guys over many others considering how many years of experience they all have.