Author Topic: A Sad Packer Fan in Seattle  (Read 1502 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
A Sad Packer Fan in Seattle
« on: Nov 27, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »
Did anybody watch MNF tonight?

Being a Packer fan that will be going to work tomorrow in Seahawk country it pains me to have the game turn out the way it did.  I believe that the Seahawks are the more talented team and likely would have won tonights game without the help of the refs, but the "roughing the passer" penalty on 3rd down was bogus.  The rest of the scoring drive took several minutes and completely changed the game.

Did anybody take more of a beating than Jeremy Stevens?  He dropped four passes, but was nearly knocked out on three of them.  Props to him for not getting hurt.

Did anyone else notice Brett Favre stepping directly into a blitzer coming unblocked in an attempt to throw a pass.  That takes guts.

Great game other than the stupid refs.  :sick:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Re: A Sad Packer Fan in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2006, 12:20:19 AM »
I Love Favre and the Packers are my #2 AFC team :thumbs: I watched the game and was hoping the Packs would win :down:

I thought Favre would play it like an old man but that guy is fearless. How is his wife doing? Didn't she have cancer a couple of years ago?
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2006, 07:33:07 AM »
I Love Favre and the Packers are my #2 AFC team :thumbs: I watched the game and was hoping the Packs would win :down:

I thought Favre would play it like an old man but that guy is fearless. How is his wife doing? Didn't she have cancer a couple of years ago?

Green Bay is in the NFC North Division.   Favre's wife is doing well as far as I know.  I think her treatment was successful.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2006, 08:55:12 AM »
well bd, I have to say that I do agree a little with you on roughing the passer, but if you look at the other angle it would've been really hard to tell from the reffs POV.  It actually was nice to see a questionable call though go For Seattle instead of Against them.  We really have had a bunch of bad calls against us and so yeah theres a part of me that kinda didn't feel bad. 

Call me a bitter Seattle fan, I know I'm not alone.

BTW you should hear the trash talking thats going on in our house in regards to next weeks game.

Broncos/Seattle

We know that Seattle is going to win though.  Gotrocksgirls seems to think that their new Jay Cuttler is their perfect solution.

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »
[quote author=gotrocks link=topic=28991.msg317467#msg317467 date=1164732912

Broncos/Seattle

We know that Seattle is going to win though.  Gotrocksgirls seems to think that their new Jay Cuttler is their perfect solution.
[/quote]

Broncos fan here.

Cuttler may be the solution for the future but were gonna get our heads handed to us till he gets some rythm goin. 

Now that Hawks are NFC I can root for them too LOL.  I used to hate it when they were in Broncos division.  I live in Alaska so Im kinda forced into being a hawks fan.  Not that its a big deal I used to love watching Largent and Zorn work.

Good luck to the hawks. 

I hope the Broncos Trade Plumber for a new reciever and a pizza

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:48:29 AM »
I expect that the Denver offence will be fine with Jay, it will be up to the Denver D to stop Seattle.

As for the penalty, I have never seen one called unless the arm was obviously hammered down on the QB.  If you keep your hands down they call you for leading with your head and if you put your hands up to block the face you will get called for hitting their head.  I'm about the vote for pink jerseys all around.

mikerob

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 6
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2006, 11:54:12 AM »
I was hoping the Packers would have won last night that would have been a big help to the 49ers

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2006, 03:14:22 PM »
ack, I meant to say NFC! :doh:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki