Author Topic: No More Day Laborers  (Read 7565 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: No More Day Laborers
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »
Used to be people would come here to be more like us, sure we'd get a taste of the culture of where they came from but they'd still want to become a part of the community. Instead they now come here force us to not be who we are and if we try we are the racist. I have no problem experiencing another persons culture and way of life but if you came here to get away from that life why are you bringing it with you?

This isn't just a foreign mentality though.  Being from a small community, and moving the the big dirty city of redding (population around 90,000) I've seen tons of people move up from LA or the bay area because they loved coming to this area, but once here they try bringing their city ways with them and pregnant dog that we don't have all the shopping ammenities that the city afforded them.  I used to see lots of rants about this on craigslist, but put up one of my own laying it out how I felt about them, since I'm actually from the area.  Since then I haven't seen one rant from them about the local hicks and ignoramouses.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2006, 05:54:46 PM »
fact is... too many people too little elbow room. People from the big cities move to the outskirts to get more room, the outskirts move further out, and the big cities move to where the outskirts used to be.
We do NOT have unlimited room and/or resources for the people we want to put here. :tantrum:

I've said it once and I won't stop saying it www.vhemt.org
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2006, 09:36:23 PM »
Holy cow miss a week of the site and see what happens!  I read that the "Rally" had little affect on government.  For many reasons, but here are some: 1. they played the "star spangled banner" in spanish!  2. protest signs were in spanish, and my favorite 3. waving the mexican flag around!  Now let's back this up, they want to to be US citizens, but they can't play a song or have signs that are in english, and not having the american flag present!  Somebody didn't get the point of why they are here protesting!  I agree with nate and mrs W.  Nate, my great/grandparents were very ashamed for being german immigrants.  (ww I & II)  They vowed to never speak german in the house again, they loved being here so much that they were willing to give up alot of their traditions! We think this is bad now, wait till the next pres. election!  It's going to be the key topic!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2006, 12:11:07 AM »
Holy cow miss a week of the site and see what happens!  I read that the "Rally" had little affect on government.  For many reasons, but here are some: 1. they played the "star spangled banner" in spanish!  2. protest signs were in spanish, and my favorite 3. waving the mexican flag around!  Now let's back this up, they want to to be US citizens, but they can't play a song or have signs that are in english, and not having the american flag present!  Somebody didn't get the point of why they are here protesting!  I agree with nate and mrs W.  Nate, my great/grandparents were very ashamed for being german immigrants.  (ww I & II)  They vowed to never speak german in the house again, they loved being here so much that they were willing to give up alot of their traditions! We think this is bad now, wait till the next pres. election!  It's going to be the key topic!

Amen to that!! I've been gone two days :headshake: 

1.  That "star spangled banner?"  yeah, not even the same.  They changed the music, AND THE WORDS!!!!
2.  Yup
3.Hate to break it to you, but around here the American flag was being waved...BELOW the mexican flag!! :headshake:

Both the last quotes hit the nails on the head.  We need to stop coddling people so damn much, and go back to some form of justice.  They're not coming here because of nafta or any other bs excuse.  They're coming here because they know they can, and will be supplied with welfare, medical and housing.  Once again, ILLEGALS should be deported, and if they want to come back again do it LEGALLY!  There isn't, and shouldn't be another option.  Will that ever happen?  Sadly, not in our society, because it's not the clear minded of us that stand up and shout, but rather the hemp wearing, petule oil wreaking liberals that shout at the top of their lungs until everybody just plain gets tired of hearing them and folds.  That's how things are run, you know it, I know it, we've all seen it on tv.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Heaven forbid we as a nation stand up for ourselves!  And before anybody says it, don't condemn me for what my forefathers did (which you wouldn't actually know, because you don't know my background!), because that has no bearing on this whatsoever!  :rant:
:clap:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2006, 04:10:55 AM »
:rant:  They don't want to just come to our country for a chance at a better life as our ancestors did. They want to over take our country, we are being invaded right under our noses and the hollyweird, tree hugging, pantywaist, bleedy heart commie liberal freeks are falling all over themselves trying to help! :tantrum:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
EXACTLY :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2006, 11:53:21 AM »
This is my whole point to this thread, and is very visible in some nationalities that are currently invading our country illegally. Not all but some are not coming here because they want to be an American. Now I'm not saying that if you come her you must be like me or anyone else, hell that's why you come here in the first place, you have the freedom to express who you are and what you are without being shot in the streets. The problem I have is it seems we are being forced into their cultures and bend to them. As far as I'm concerned if you come to this country "LEGALLY" you must speak English, or be willing to learn the language before you can get citizenship. If within period of time you have yet to, or  refuse to learn then home you go. It drives me nuts to go to any place of business and there are messages in multi-language playing on TV's or signs. I understand that the business is just trying to make a buck and catering to those that don't speak English but it's getting a little ridiculous.

With the current protests they definitely have proved something to me with their signs, flags and personally knowing the reasons they come here that they are not coming here to be here, they come here for the money plain and simple. Once they have accumulated enough money which they send back to the country from where they came they go home, open business's and retire. Think that's BS? Don't I know several people that either have already done this or are in the process of completing this cycle. All of them are nice people and would be great to have remain in the U.S. but those are the ones that return to their homes that they own once they achieve their goals. What we get left with is the vermin that tagged along with them. Sure not all go that route once they get here and love living here but except for a few so far they've all stayed just long enough to get something going and leave.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Funny thing is, it's not like I'm pullin that one out of my hat either.  I grew up in a small logging town (used to be a bigger mining town way back when) near the trinity alps, and there are tons of them around.  Worked in a good sized pharmacy for over 3 years during highschool, and even when I was in the back of the store I could smell them coming in the front!  There were times when I would have to go into the warehouse to "organize" for 20-30 minutes waiting for the smell to air out!  The women that worked the registers would get super pissed too, cause they had to sit there and deal with the smell!

And yea, the people who don't work and earn what they have are always the ones who think everything should be shared.  In a perfect world every capable man and women would work 5 days a week for the same amount as everybody else, and the only people who would get assistance would be the disabled and elderly.  THAT would be a truly level playing field.  Nobody would complain about their jobs, and every 2 years everybody would shift to another job so we all got a chance at the good/bad jobs.  Waste disposal technician one term, governor next, engrish teacher next.........

Interesting.  Every wonder why a big mining town becomes a small timber town?  Is it even a timber town anymore, or have all those jobs been shipped overseas too?  I am sure they still cut wood, but all of the processing and jobs are probably in China.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2006, 10:46:37 PM »
Interesting.  Every wonder why a big mining town becomes a small timber town?  Is it even a timber town anymore, or have all those jobs been shipped overseas too?  I am sure they still cut wood, but all of the processing and jobs are probably in China.

No, not really.  resources run out, it happens :dunno:  Northern CA used to big one big mine basically, now... not so much.   And actually, in the timber towns, the processing usually doesn't happen in the same town, but right down the road :yupyup:  You can see logging trucks all over the place in the Sierra Nevadas,  hauling the logs to the processing plants that are also in the sierra nevadas.

I really find it interesting that you say all the jobs are getting shipped overseas, then why do all the illegals keep coming here for work?  why don't they stay where they are, where all the jobs are going?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2006, 12:13:37 PM »
The timber industry in Tillamook County Oregon, is still going strong!  Not as strong as it was in the 80's, but it's still processing logs at a very steady pace!  We used to have alot more mills years ago, but due to over harvesting and clearcutting, the industry had to choke it back where there is a balance!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2006, 03:13:06 PM »
No, not really.  resources run out, it happens :dunno:  Northern CA used to big one big mine basically, now... not so much.   And actually, in the timber towns, the processing usually doesn't happen in the same town, but right down the road :yupyup:  You can see logging trucks all over the place in the Sierra Nevadas,  hauling the logs to the processing plants that are also in the sierra nevadas.

I really find it interesting that you say all the jobs are getting shipped overseas, then why do all the illegals keep coming here for work?  why don't they stay where they are, where all the jobs are going?

Probably because even though the job has moved into their backyards they still get paid pennies for the dollars they will get here.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2006, 05:54:06 PM »
Probably because even though the job has moved into their backyards they still get paid pennies for the dollars they will get here.

yeah kinda what I figured.  Seems like America is a supposedly horrible place to live, but no one wants to leave. :dunno:
In fact, more people want to come.

-Ronald Reagan

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 06:23:16 PM »
If you asked and got an honest answer you'd find out that they'd prefer to be where they came from but they are driven to come here for the money. A guy I work with is debating going back next year, he figures he'll have enough money by then to live off of and start a business. He is legal and owns a home here, which is where most of the money will come from when he sells.  He also owns a home and property in Mexico.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:43 PM »

Ever heard of the california gold rush?  Once the gold was found droves of people came to the area, just the same as they did in many other areas (like alaska), and once the easily found gold was gone, and undoubtedly laws were passed banning certain types of harmful mining, that industry shrunk considerably.  I'm sure there's been a timber industry there pretty much as long as there's been a timber industry.  And no, there is NOTHING shipped from there to china.  On any given day you can drive right past the mill on main street (yes, there still is a place with a real main street) and see the massive piles of fresh cut timber on one end of the yard, and the massive stacks of freshly milled lumber taking up a large portion of the rest of the yard.  I think you should pull your nose out of your berkely bound books, take a look at the real world and realize that not everything you read or are told is the truth.  There were talks long before I ever had notions of leaving that town of shutting down the mill, but to this day it's still up and running, and is still a great contributor to their economy.  It's always amazed me at the great volume of timber I've seen come through our town, and seen cut down, and how quickly it has come back in areas I can remember being nearly bare.  Timber truly is a renewable resource, that when managed proplerly will still continue to be the same. 

But this is off topic
RIP KYOTA

TigerToy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2006, 08:20:37 PM »
Ever heard of the california gold rush?  Once the gold was found droves of people came to the area, just the same as they did in many other areas (like alaska), and once the easily found gold was gone, and undoubtedly laws were passed banning certain types of harmful mining, that industry shrunk considerably.  I'm sure there's been a timber industry there pretty much as long as there's been a timber industry.  And no, there is NOTHING shipped from there to china.  On any given day you can drive right past the mill on main street (yes, there still is a place with a real main street) and see the massive piles of fresh cut timber on one end of the yard, and the massive stacks of freshly milled lumber taking up a large portion of the rest of the yard.  I think you should pull your nose out of your berkely bound books, take a look at the real world and realize that not everything you read or are told is the truth.  There were talks long before I ever had notions of leaving that town of shutting down the mill, but to this day it's still up and running, and is still a great contributor to their economy.  It's always amazed me at the great volume of timber I've seen come through our town, and seen cut down, and how quickly it has come back in areas I can remember being nearly bare.  Timber truly is a renewable resource, that when managed proplerly will still continue to be the same. 

But this is off topic

Thats great.  Not all timber towns have survived globalization (and even fewer mining towns).  Alabama is 70 percent timber, but the jobs are steadily leaving the timber industry.  Automation and globalization have made it cheaper to process wood and cost jobs for Americans.  You are right; timber, when well-managed, is an incredible resource.  Timber, in Alabama at least, has taken over agriculture because it is much more profitable.  People with moderate amounts of land used to farm, but it is impossibly to compete with large corporate farming conglomerates; so they go timber.  The same has happened in many mining towns.  No money in mining because of globalization so landowners go to timber.  Fewer well paying jobs in timber than in mining, so the towns shrink in size.

P.S. There really is no reason to resort to insults.  Respect for another's opinion is a halmark of democracy.  This isn't really off topic either.  At its core, the immigration debate is a debate about globalization (and getting elected).

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »
According to data from the Los Angeles County Sheriff, Los Angeles had a reduction
in the following:

82% reduction in- auto theft
28% reduction in- murders/ violent crimes/ rapes
73% reduction in- vandalism / tagging
54% reduction in- drug related offenses (not including the area surrounding the march)
31% reduction in- domestic violence cases
64% reduction in- misdemeanor cases (shop lifting, etc.)

The California Highway Patrol reported that last Monday was a record low
in the least amount of traffic accidents on Southern CA freeways.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2006, 07:51:10 PM »
According to data from the Los Angeles County Sheriff, Los Angeles had a reduction
in the following:

82% reduction in- auto theft
28% reduction in- murders/ violent crimes/ rapes
73% reduction in- vandalism / tagging
54% reduction in- drug related offenses (not including the area surrounding the march)
31% reduction in- domestic violence cases
64% reduction in- misdemeanor cases (shop lifting, etc.)

The California Highway Patrol reported that last Monday was a record low
in the least amount of traffic accidents on Southern CA freeways.

:lipsrsealed:

It wasn't just Southern CA, it was northern as well.  Especially in the sacratomato area

-Ronald Reagan

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2006, 09:31:40 PM »
1 point for MiniSimp. :yesnod: :thumbs:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2006, 01:54:17 PM »
 :clap2: it was the orlando area as well! :thumbs: Another point for mini!
They can all take their sorry asses and get the hell out of dodge. It ticks me off they didn't round them all up and throw them back where they came from.

Where is the Mammoth?

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »
I dunno about you crazy kids, but I get my burritos from taco hell, where the closest thing to a mexican is a cracked out white chick who greats you with "HOLE-AH" (sounds like it looks).  I don't stop at some dude selling burritos out of the back of his car by the side of the road, though I'm not saying those guys are illegals too, but that's what he's implying. 
RIP KYOTA

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2006, 04:37:36 PM »
There is only one place for a great burrito - Chipotles! And I do not believe that deporting illegal mexicans is going to hamper that business any.
NO ILLEGALS - NO BURRITOS!!! :rofl: Is that the best they could come up with?? OOOOHHHHH I'M SCARED  :shudder: !! :rofl2:
And please tell me you were kidding about selling burrito's out of the backs of their cars! :ack: I sure wouldn't be buying no roadside burrito's!!! :pokinit:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:15:00 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »
no, Mrs. W, that is common in these parts.  Hell, they make em, and come into my work peddling them.  Essscuuse, mii, sir, ju wanna burrito? Ju wanna tamale?? Es tooo burritos por tree dolors...

coupla times a month...

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2006, 06:54:49 PM »
I've really only seen one out of the back of a car.  My friend and I were exiting a gun shop, and this mexican guy approaches us asking if we wanted a carne asade(sp?) burrito, or something along those lines.  My friend knew what he had, and said they were really good, so I figured why not help a guy out, especially since he was pulling at your strings with the wife and baby.  Can't remember if he actually had the stuff in his trunk or back seat, but it was all fresh and in sterile containers, and was really good! 

Most the time they have a food service van that they peddle them out of.  Never tried them either, but they'll usually park near a big lumber yard or something like that, and if you roll by around lunch there're usually several people buying food.
RIP KYOTA

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 07:01:53 PM »
Very common where I work, but not in the back of a car. They use push carts.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2006, 10:02:29 PM »
Redding streets and business areas aren't exactly cart worthy.  Maybe if they stayed in one spot, but if they want any cash they probably need to move around some. 
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »
Most the time they have a food service van that they peddle them out of.  Never tried them either, but they'll usually park near a big lumber yard or something like that, and if you roll by around lunch there're usually several people buying food.

:yupyup: we usually call'm roach coaches.  Look around at a construction site about 10ish, then again aroud 12ish.  You'll see all the workers lined up at the 'coach.  Foods pretty good, just don't question where it came from :lipsrsealed:  Interestingly enough, a lot of the roach coach owner/operators are aisan, but the sell only mexican food? :headscratch:

-Ronald Reagan