Author Topic: One lure challenge  (Read 1967 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
One lure challenge
« on: Jun 01, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
I have gone out many times with hundreds of dollars in lures, only to use the same one all day.  So my challenge is this; tie on one lure before leaving the house and take no spares.  Lose a lure and you're done for the day.

Snap pics of your catch and post what lure you used and where you were fishing.  And in the interest of fairness, bait fishermen can take more than one piece of bait, but only one kind
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: One lure challenge
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »
As a kid, all my trout were caught on a rooster tail or a hook and worm.  Mostly a rooster tho!

This should be fun to see.   :thumbs:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

jrock

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 3,395
  • Member since Oct '06
  • Oodelally
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
Interesting. You'd better be sure of your lure selection and how to use it :)  I have my favorite lures and just like you said, ill catch most everything on them.

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
I pretty much do that already when i fish the feather river canyon =P only i take multiples incase i get broke off lol.. Mepps agila long size one with an orange sticker on the blade :D
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
Upper trinity river, near the alps.  #2 gold blue fox spinner.  Nailed them.  Absolutely nailed them.  Rainbows galore. 

Walked back to the truck to leave and curiousity got the best of me.  Remembered I had the same size silver blue fox in the glovebox, tied it on and got skunked.  Wanted to see if they were just hungry planters before leaving feeling like a king.  Walked back and got the gold one again and it was no fluke.

Also considering making a new thread for an open chronicle of "what worked and when".  Might be a good idea to keep track since I've left behind a good part of my short term memory.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
Stoddard Lake, Trinity Alps, yesterday, using gold mepps spinner w/red tail.  Cold and very, VERY windy!  Got in some good casts between the gusts and got lots of hits, but only able to pull 2 fish all the way in.  Lots of activity, but those fish are weery and rarely hit a lure if they've tried for it already.
RIP KYOTA