Author Topic: Joys of a weekend  (Read 1109 times)

njyota93

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Oct '12
  • NJ4WD
    • View Profile
Joys of a weekend
« on: Oct 14, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »
This weekend turned out to be a little expensive. I was looking for a project. My sons 93 yota needs a stereo. Well we drove over to a local junk yard. First time for him. We walked the yard, looking at all the vehicles lined up. we checked out some of the interesting carcasses. This yard had changed a lot since the last time I was there. They sectioned it out into processing areas. So the area you can walk is greatly reduced. After walking the small area an no Toyota's of any kind, we walk over to the building that holds drive train parts. On the way over we see a 4runner. I happened to be an 89 sitting on the brake rotors. One of the employees came over to tell us we cannot be in this area. So we walked around some more. We looked in another area that had some really cool vises. Old school extra-large with anvil. $35.00 it was a steal!! A little cleaning and lube, it was as good as new.
On the way out we spoke to the new manager of the yard. I inquired about the 4runner. $750 he would give me the entire drive train and frame. 22R, 5 speed, transfer looked good. Engine could use some    TLS, no rush, back up!

After the junk yard we stopped by the audio store.

Picked up a Pioneer head until and front speakers.  A couple of 6X9 speakers with separate powered speakers and the boxes to put them in.

We skipped the stop to the spca to look at some dogs to get started  on the install.
We removed the seat, his truck has a bench seat. Can not believe they would use this type of seat in such a small vehicle. After removing all the necessary internal parts and vacuuming out the interior, son gets a call that his dirty bike is fixed and is ready for Sunday's race. Oh no mo money!!! I let him go and pick up the bike as I continue with the install.

Well a buddy stopped by and we talk about some of the projects he was about to start. Not long after he left there is a couple that walks Sheba. Sheba is a beautiful German Shepard. Our's died last year and now finally looking for another.
Well it is always great to see Sheba; she always comes looking for our dog Bandit. Now the day has turned into night and my son had to tighten up some loose ends as I talked.

Race day, it was only cheaper because there was no camping out this weekend, but cost plenty!!

I need to get working on my 93 SR5 extend cab.

Oh yeah, his truck is still IFS, we just ordered ball joints and shocks.

To sum it up we are eating Ramen noodles and cereal for the next 2 weeks until pay day.

Great weekend with my youngest son!!

daniresch

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 930
  • Male Posts: 761
  • Member since Apr '11
    • View Profile
Re: Joys of a weekend
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2012, 06:23:04 PM »
welcome to the forum! I <3 Ramen noodles!
post some pictures!
1988 Blue Std Cab: SAS, Longs, HP/ARB/5.29 Front, ARB/5.29 Rear, Marlin Dual Ultimate w/ 23 Spline MC07XD-R10, Marlin 30 Spline Front & Rear Output Shafts, Dave's Triple shifter, FROR crossmember, Bilstein 12" f+r, RUF w/ 63s, 7in bob, 40x13.5x17 MTR's on Racelines Monster Beadlocks 17x9.5

build: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=80954.510

toe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -60
  • Male Posts: 1,693
  • Member since Dec '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »
 :welcome:
Me

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2012, 02:01:10 AM »
Enjoy your Ramen, heat it up hop in the truck and listen to the music while you eat. :welcome:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »
Ramen  :puke: 

At least you got to spend time with your kid.  Mine are usually too busy doing homework to spend time with me.   Well, most of my weekends just happen to be on schooldays. 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

njyota93 [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Oct '12
  • NJ4WD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
Thank you everyone!!

I do not mind doing the work, spending the money as long as I get to spend time with my boys. My oldest is away for college. We spend time video chatting.

My youngest get to entertain dad, for better or worse for him. I do not think he complains much because he gets to do some cool things.