Author Topic: a better grease and oil setup for your TOYOTA  (Read 2591 times)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
a better grease and oil setup for your TOYOTA
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 07:32:43 PM »
im gona put this out here cause I USE IT and cause IT WORKS

Its made by a company called TEXAS REFINERY CORPERATION (TRC)

I use the 880 c&c  (880 crown and chassis) grease

Originally developed for the crown of a drilling rig and a truck chassis 880 c&c has proved itself to be the backbone of the TRC line of speciality lubercants. The "red grease with gold flakes" is a favorite nationwide... from industry to trucking 880 C&C meets the demand of a multi-purpose lubercant.

because of the pourposes for which it was originaly developed 880 C&C is especialy effictive for high presure applications. For example the crown of a drilling rig is expected to support the weight of 2 to 3 miles of drill pipe developing critical lubercant needs at contact areas.With a timkin ok load of 80 pounds minimum, 880 C&C meets special lubercant needs, providing  the ultimate in extreme presure protection. It's excelent for use on ball joints and fith wheels   which are constantly placed under heavy loads.

what about WATER ?

we all know that water is impossible to stay away from at some point you WILL HAVE TO GET YOUR FEET WET.

However 880 C&C  is Impervious to water, 880 C&C can be used in many places where a standard grade grease will wash off "IT STAYS PUT"  in the presence of moisture-an excelent grease on ROCK CRAWLERS which are in and out of water and mud many times .This type of application requires the special water resistant qualities of 880 C&C to keep the surfaces well lubericated avoiding  rusting corroding and seizing.

880C&C is both adhesive and cohesive

The special "tackiness" addatives in the 880 make it a highly practial grease. its ability to stay put not only reduces grese consumption,but also provides outstanding protection against metal to metal contact it clings to metal, sealing out dust,moisture,rust and corrosion

HOW SAFE IS IT ?
 Authorized by the agriculture,880  is aceptable for use in enclosed gear systems (in your front locking hubs) as well as in such facilities as federaly inspected meat and poultry packing plants.

An essential multi- pourpas grease 880 Crown and Chassis Grease will safely handal most luberication needs no matter if it turns  slides or has an oscillating motion it can be used for all types of bearrings ball or roller high or low speed sealled or opened.

now the other product I run is called 890 VARIE-PURPOSE gear lubercant

890 V-P for short

TRC 890 V-Pis truly one of the finest gear oils obtainable.Through extensive research an advance base was selected to provide lasting and superiior performance under the toughest conditions 890 V-P  cn be used where the more expensive  high-addative gear oils havwe given unsatisfactory  service. In addition ,890 V-P is authorized by the U.S Dept. of of Agriculture as a H2 lubericant

890 V-P the basic of the quality

890 V-P is formulated with top quality base stocks which are highly  refined to remove any undiserable materials such as waxes and varnishes,THAT COULD BE DETRIMENTAL TO A GEAR SYSTEM. this adds to the protectivce film strenght of it.
890 V-P is very adhesive meaning it will cling tenaciuously to the gears, providing continouse lubercation,even in the presence of moisture. The cohesive property of 890  V-P  is also important ... the gear lube will withstand extream pressure operating condition.

Low Non-Channeling Point
 base stocks that are not as highly refines as this  can cause problems in colder temperatures. Gear Oils with
thoses basic stocks can become so thick in cold weather that the oil loses its fluidity... WHATS THAT MEAN TO ME ? gear begin to run dry and metal to metal contact occures. 890 V-P assures a low non channeling point. YOU WILL NOT EXPERIENCE A DRY STARTUP AND SHIFTING WILL BE MUCH MUCH EASIER

what does it look like in color?

you will recieve several several advantages from TRC  color coding 890 V-P  bright  red  the chance of a wrong oil being used can can be virtualy eliminated... a leak can be easily traced (beleave me i know cause the seal might not get all the way good)  and 890's color is a " LIFE"indicator. when the color changes from a red to a dark color it is usualy a indication that it is time to change the oil.

does this foam up like others ?

the answer to this is NO. Many conventional gear lubs begin to foam durring opperation, causing extensive problems. First if foam is present, the level of the gear oil drops and proper luberication is not achieved. Second,foaming will increase the temperature in the gear box considerably. special foam inhibitors are incorperated into 890 V-P to ensure dependable protection.in most instances, the temprature  in a gear box can actualy be lowered with the use of 890 V-P  (this means your gears will run cooler)

WHAT ABOUT WATER ?
moisture in a gear box can be detramental causing rust on the metal serfaces which will produce friction and excessive wear.Moisture present can be caused by condensation 890 V-P greatly exceds most gear oils in water sesistancy. A superb addative package does not allow 890 V-P to emulsify with water... it actualy "breaks away" from waterallowing the moisture to be drained from the gearbox as needed... adding protection against rust and corrosian! 

IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: a better grease and oil setup for your TOYOTA
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
I hope that's not quoted directly from their site, cause it looks like a 3rd grader wrote it  :yikes:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Dr.Maxwe001 [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:54:58 PM »
no nate it came from the book and yes i am sure that it is :yupyup: 

on a seriouse note ITS SOME DANG GREAT STUFF  :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 04:12:02 AM »
:sofa:

everythings gotta be tested somewhere, how much does it cost ??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way