Author Topic: whats the biggest tire with 3 in leafs up front??  (Read 2516 times)

jthacker29

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 45
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
whats the biggest tire with 3 in leafs up front??
« on: Feb 20, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »
 im in the process of building a 91 2wd toy. im gatherin everything up to start it in a week or sooner i wanted order tires and dnt knw what size i should go with. im thinkin 35in boggers or 36in irocks?? any suggestions

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
49" Iroks.
It all depends on how far forward you mount the axle, and how much you trim everything.

jthacker29 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
thanks. i checked out ur build up you have a nice truck. i noticed ur still in stock location on ur front. does it rubb very bad??

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
i noticed ur still in stock location on ur front. does it rubb very bad??
Barely touches, trimmed 3" off the fenders, pounded down the pinch weld.

OOPS

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I run 36" IROKS with 4" springs and the axle not moved forward. No rubbing but I cut the fenders and tubbed the firewall in the wheel wells. :driving:
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 146
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
Im working on 37 toyos and 42 iroks on 3-4 custom springs. Like the others said just depends on how far forward and how much trimming.

jthacker29 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
thanks for the replys. i got the axle swap put on this weekend and my shackle angle is facing towards the front. i didnt know if anyone has used the sky boomarang shackles?? i thought maybe the way they made might help with the angle.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
thanks for the replys. i got the axle swap put on this weekend and my shackle angle is facing towards the front. i didnt know if anyone has used the sky boomarang shackles?? i thought maybe the way they made might help with the angle.
thats not what they are meant for......boomerang shackles are made to correct clearance problems on body mounts or frames. Sounds like your hangar is too far forward..what is your shackle angle with and without weight on the truck?  it shouldnt be a negative angle... got pics?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

jthacker29 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
well with all the weight of truck they are maybe 10 to 15 degrees off from straight up and down. with no weight they move about 20 to 25 degrees more forward.
 i'll post pics tonite.

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
Yeah get some pictures up and we can help you out.  Even when there isn't any weight the shackles shouldn't be going forward unless the axle is getting pulled down in a flexing situation.  Even then it is only slightly forward not 10 to 15 degrees.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
pics would be great of your front hangar location and  shackle angle. Also, do you have a v6? winch/bumper in front?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco