Author Topic: knew i should have invested yesturday!  (Read 2015 times)

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
knew i should have invested yesturday!
« on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:00:28 AM »
whatever excuse they can find they raise oil prices, jumped from 80-over 100 dollars a barrel today because of the refinery explosion in Big Spring Texas. oil prices expected to go to a national average of 3.50 per gallon for the spring.

interesting since that refianry only takes care of the west Texas area, grand total of 1 million people get fuel from that refinery as compared to the production rate of the refinery's along the gulf coast. its a mere pindrop of refining amount in comparison.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: knew i should have invested yesturday!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »
A hole oil companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to go wheelin!

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »
thats not oil companies that oil futures jack asses that look for any excuse to get even more filthy rich. car bomb goes off in iraq they raise prices claiming that it decreases the amount of oil coming from there, THEY DONT EXPORT OIL YET!!!

i know what i'm doin when my service is done, gonna start making biodiesel from algae and sell it, hell even at $2 a gallon its still a big profit and will easily be less than half the cost of petroleum fuel.

we're also kickin ourself in our own ass by not drilling in areas we already know have oil, and have our foot so far up our rear that our knee is hanging out of our mouth will our unwillingness to build or even upgrade our refineries.

USAF EOD tech

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
I'm PO'd too.  Gas rose 0.20 overnight after that refinery thing.  There is no connection between that refinery and the fuel that is already in the station's tanks.  Nevermind the fact that I doubt that refinery affected anything in the grand scheme of things.  Stations are trying to gouge us too.  But what choice do we have.  Supply and Demand only works when there are reasonable alternatives.  I wish we had a light rail/subway that was worth a darn here in socal.

Lucky for me I have been working from home for the last 2 months.  I've only bought gas once in that time.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
Sorry, to butt in.....

but does anyone want to buy stock in my oil company?

:laugh:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »
Really, we all should buy oil co stock.  Why let all them jerks keep all the money?
'04 Taco DC 4x4

red [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »
if i had some money i would invest in oil companies. told my dad yesturday after hearing about the explosion to invest in the price of oil since it was 80 bucks a barrel, he dissagreed and said the price per barrel wouldnt jump :slap: . its oil future idiots, about as usefull as a polishitan.

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:04:50 PM »
Great :shake:  I thought it was illegal for stations to raise their prices until they got a new, higher priced load :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »
supposedly, according to the newpapers and tv, they said it isnt going to raise.... i havent noticed a raise recently.... otehr than like 5 cents last week, but it stayed where it was at for awhile before that
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
Just a few days ago gas was 2.9X a gallon just down the street from me.  Yesturday it was 3.11
'04 Taco DC 4x4

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »
Thank you George W  :shake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »
George had nothing to do with that, Ronnie deregulated them and all hell broke loose.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
I'm PO'd too.  Gas rose 0.20 overnight after that refinery thing. There is no connection between that refinery and the fuel that is already in the station's tanks.

in the business world, you sometimes sell items going off of "replacement cost". IE, if I bought MC07s for 200 and was selling them for 400, and the casting company called and said your cost would go up to 350 on the next order, you might move your prices up to cover the additional cost on what you had left in stock.  Lumber companies are big in this(my boss' best friend operates a big one around here, that's where i first heard of it.) :grad:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2008, 08:34:08 PM »
in the business world, you sometimes sell items going off of "replacement cost". IE, if I bought MC07s for 200 and was selling them for 400, and the casting company called and said your cost would go up to 350 on the next order, you might move your prices up to cover the additional cost on what you had left in stock.  Lumber companies are big in this(my boss' best friend operates a big one around here, that's where i first heard of it.) :grad:

So true, in Arizona the minimum wage went up each year for the last 2, due to that we raised our prices in Nov. to counter the increase in Jan. That's just business.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you