Author Topic: Why is this needed?  (Read 2264 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Why is this needed?
« on: Aug 22, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
I just got a new cell phone...there was a sticker that read: "For best call experience, make sure the earpiece is held to your ear".

As a people, are we really that dense?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Why is this needed?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
I just got a new cell phone...there was a sticker that read: "For best call experience, make sure the earpiece is held to your ear".

HAHHAHAAAAA   :gap: :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :yesnod: :hahaha: :haha: :ha_ha: :clap2: :clap: :bowdown: :moods: :gap: :biggthumpup: :thumbs: :beerchug: :rofl2: :beerwhack: :slap: :hammerhead: :slap: :beerwhack:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2007, 09:40:30 AM »

We live in a society that has directions on shampoo, or even Hot beverage warnings on cups of coffee.  so I say yes.  :gap:

:talkingn:
I like to Drive!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »

:wall:  yes  as a people  we are,  i think someone needs to cull the heard :shake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »
You know what cracks me up?  And you see a lot of girls do this:

They talk into the speaker part of the phone when it's on speakerphone - as if the microphone is in the speaker.  My wife used to do that, until I educated her.  Now I can hear her again.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:17:11 AM »
You know what cracks me up?  And you see a lot of girls do this:

They talk into the speaker part of the phone when it's on speakerphone - as if the microphone is in the speaker.  My wife used to do that, until I educated her.  Now I can hear her again.

:maddest: People who walk around the grocery store and use their speaker phones should be drawn and quartered! Poseurs.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:23:25 AM »
We need those remote disable thingys.  That would be fun.  Sitting at the store surrounded by yappers and hit that button and watch them all look at their phones and say "WTF?"

And you laugh...

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »
We need those remote disable thingys.  That would be fun.  Sitting at the store surrounded by yappers and hit that button and watch them all look at their phones and say "WTF?"

And you laugh...

How about a taser?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 22, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
:drool:

I just want a tazer!
I like to Drive!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:07:04 PM »
I just can't stand the people who frickin YELL when they're on their cell in public!  No, your conversation isn't interesting enough to have to talk so loud, and the people on the other end can hear you just fine if you speak normally.  I put it to the test the first time I started noticing how loud others talked on their cells and nobody has ever told me I was talking too quietly yet.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
It's a sue happy world!

I personally hate to sit and listen to people talk on their phone!  I'll start to talk really loud or get my kids laughing and making really obnoxious sounds to try to disrupt their conversation that is rudely interrupting my time with my family!

If I get a call on my phone, and if I'm in a place that is appropriate to to answer it, I will, if not then I won't!  Isn't that what caller ID is for?  And if I answer a call, I will take myself away from a crowded area to talk!  It's called being polite!

Sometimes I wish I had a cellular jammer!  I'd go around crowded areas and jam signals!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2007, 12:51:16 PM »
And if I answer a call, I will take myself away from a crowded area to talk!  It's called being polite!

I hafta do that anyway cause I can't hear!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »
What?

:qtip:

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »
I would love to have a cell phone jamming device that comes on with the ignition in my rig and has a range of at least 100 yards...   :hahaha:
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »
Kinda like the old solid core spark plug wires and tv antennas!