Author Topic: Engine and Carb...  (Read 900 times)

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
Engine and Carb...
« on: Feb 12, 2006, 01:00:13 PM »
So I got my Weber Carb in on Thursday, opened it and made sure that the correct parts were in the box. Present was the 32/36 Carb, Air cleaner, Linkage kit and Manifold adaptor kit.
While attempting to install the kit I ran into a few problems....
-with the supplied manifold adaptor The EGR was virtually useless. The EGR connected to the adaptor just fine but there was no room under the adaptor for it to be of any use. The only solution visibal was to use the stock adaptor plate under the supplied 1 (with gaskets between) this made some use of the EGR.
-Using this setup of Gasget, stock plate adaptor, gasket, New adaptor/ Riser , gasket and Carb, puts the Throttle linkage on the carb above that of the throttle linkage attached to the back of the Valve cover, even with the supplied spacers to lift the later Linkage higher from the valve cover.

With these problems I got on line and looked on the same Site I ordered the Weber from and looked closely at the pictures of the Kits. It evident that I have the incorrect Manifold adaptor than that which should be with the kit. I will be contacting the supplier tomorrow about getting the right parts.

this is the Kit ordered http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=468
Other then the missing manifold adaptor my componets match this kit.

the manifold adaptor/ Riser that I got is present in this kit just below the Carb.... http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=469

Heres where I need some help...

I recently discovered that my tranny is from 82-83 or something like that, the 1 thing I do know is that it is not originally from my 84 4runner. Looking at the Original plate adaptor there was little room for the EGR and there was no hole on top of the manifold. Should there be, and if so would a earlier 22r engine not have that hole and or the EGR.

My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Engine and Carb...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »
you confused me  :headscratch:

sorry  this got lost i just noticed it looking for something else

can i help you or do you still need help??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

4WD22R

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 23
  • Member since Jan '06
  • I hate IFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2006, 12:36:22 PM »
If you want to check the year of your motor, copy down the serial number on the drivers side of the block and call your local toyota dealer, their parts counter should be able to look it up for you and tell you the year/month that it was cast.  Hope that hellps. If you have any weber questions, contact ArbitaryNotion. He's the weber carb Guru and will probally be able to help ya out.
-1986 P/U 4WD 22R
ZUK coil rear, Torqued T-Bars

AZTTORA #492
TLCA #15769

*Thanks to those who helped with the smog equipment, the truck is being sold sometime soon for a '85 longbed!

John Doe [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2006, 12:01:32 PM »
Well I had posted on here and pirate. got some answers on pirate called the dealer who sold me the carb the next day "monday" and got some answers from him.. The problem was that they had changed over to different parts then advertised and had not up dated website or instructions. The new part "manifold adaptor" is taller which makes using stock or there origanly supplied throttle linkage impossible. By friday I had a new part and installed it on that sunday due to weather. What they sent me was a Triangular plate whiched attached to the back of the carb. I then attached the throttle cable to 1 of the many desired holes on the plate. With this setup my throttle is now a pull system and not a push pull. Sorry I do not have the part # for future referance.

If you dont under stand any of this I apolagise, Im not that automitivly inclined, yet.

End result, everything works. Plenty of vacume hoses pluged and the air pump is now with out purpose. Hopefully I wont have to smog for a while.
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"