Poll

Am I getting double pay or ripped off?

Double Pay
0 (0%)
Ripped Off
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Managment - Smoke and Mirrors  (Read 1286 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Managment - Smoke and Mirrors
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:14:30 AM »
I am currently sitting at work with nothing to do on a holiday...

Here is the background for the question.  If I stayed home today I would get 8 hours of holiday pay (normal pay).  If I worked yesterday I would get X hours of overtime pay (time & 1/2), but by working today I only get normal pay because the holiday pay doesn't count towards my 40 hours if I work on the holiday.

It makes me go from  :maddest:  to  :screwy:  to  :confused:

The managers like to say we are getting double pay on the holiday, but I could be getting paid to stay home and sleep or go wheeling.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Managment - Smoke and Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:20:53 PM »
At least you get the holiday pay.  I dont even get that.  Even the danged espresso stand was closed by my house LOL...what a joke so Im surfin and postin on the clock :beer:   :beerchug:

notajeep

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -108
  • Male Posts: 703
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Crawler #3289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2006, 05:28:20 PM »
MOST companies will pay you holiday pay reagardless of weather you work or not (there may be some stipulations like having to be there for a year or whatever.) Then you get paid for what you accually work. Most state overtime laws say that the company only has to pay you ot for time that you accually work. So if you normally put in a 40 hour week you will be getting paid for 48 hours, normal pay plus the holiday pay, but no ot because you did not accually work more than 40. So yes, today you are getting paid "double". :beerchug:
You have a Jeep?  That's cute.... So does Barbi.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2006, 07:55:48 PM »
I get a similar deal.  I could have either stayed home today and been paid for it, worked today and taken another day or worked and been paid 1.5 time.  I missed last monday so I decided to work today and use the holiday pay for the missed day.  I kinda get hosed on the real holidays, like 4th of july and all summer holidays, but what can you do when you work at a resort.  It was actually kinda nice to work a day without the full arsenal of criminals.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:18:33 PM »
If you worked sunday and took monday off, you have gotten 1/2 day more pay for less work!

If I work on a holiday I get double time and a half!  If not I get a straight 8 hrs of holiday!  I've got co-workers that use vacation days on all the holidays so they they get the most of their vacation/holiday pay!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen