Author Topic: Need square ft driveshaft built!!!  (Read 3390 times)

wmflyfisher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 194
  • Member since Sep '04
  • 85 Pickup, 94 4runner
    • View Profile
Need square ft driveshaft built!!!
« on: Jul 30, 2005, 07:02:32 PM »
I am looking for someone to build be a square long travel driveshaft for the front of my 85 pickup. I will pay to ship it there and back. I just don't know anybody close by me that can do it and I don't have access to a welder. Anybody interested or know of a place I can send it please let me know!!!

grumpy1@netptc.net

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -294
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since May '04
  • grumpy1@netptc.net
    • View Profile
Re: Need square ft driveshaft built!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2005, 02:17:59 AM »
i can build it ,email grumpy at grumpy1@netptc.net and we will getter done!!!!!!!
been doin so much with so little for so long can almost do anything with nothing

toymachine

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -37
  • Member since May '02
  • Marlin's the best....its that simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2005, 07:38:30 PM »
got your PM....

I would build it like my writeup posted in your other thread ( www.nmt.edu/~jscarbro/tech/driveshaft  i think)... if grumpy can build a better one, than that's cool.  I am pretty short on time.  It would have to be this next weekend or a no go for at least a month or more.
So if grumpy has all sorts of free time ...than tha would probabaly be a better idea for him to do it.  Either way, it'll get done.

How do you build your's grumpy?
Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!!!

grumpy1@netptc.net

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -294
  • Male Posts: 192
  • Member since May '04
  • grumpy1@netptc.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2005, 05:28:31 PM »
like i told fly fisher in my e-mail 2 him square is not my 1st choice but its the cheapest way i know of -i would use an agricultural spline thats round and u can get them in just about whatever length u want ,but square  thick wall tubing  will work fine and it will be one long slipjoint and stronger than the rest of the drive train ,it can be a little noisy if your cruising down the road in 4wd fast but noise does not keep it from working well -yes i have all the time in the world as im off work for awhile (messed up my back and will get surgery maybe next month) anyway i can build it any way he wants it but for the budget hes on square is the way to go- any way got other stuff to do now---fly fisher let me know whats up ----c-ya later
been doin so much with so little for so long can almost do anything with nothing

toymachine

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -37
  • Member since May '02
  • Marlin's the best....its that simple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2005, 08:14:49 PM »
right on....i have thought about building one out of a pto shaft or an agricultural shaft....seems like an excellent idea.  There is this store i saw in Wisconsin one time called...Farm and Fleet....and there is also Fleet Farm (owners were brothers)...anyway, it was the greates store i had ever been in, like walmart, home depot, a parts store, a tractor store, all wrapped into one.  They had bins full of ujoints and spherical bearings, and tractor tie rods and links with heim joints.  They had splined shafts and everything.  It was like a home-brewers paradise. But besides the point.

Yeah, when my shaft is greased  :ha_ha:  you can't hear a thing.
Lowriders are for guys who can't get it up!!!