Author Topic: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!  (Read 10084 times)

BAMF

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 40
  • Male Posts: 179
  • Member since Jun '08
    • View Profile
Re: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 03, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »
One last point for Sparkplug  and this may start an argument so please don’t take it the wrong way.  You absolutely can not “snap out” of being stoned (or drunk).  You may suddenly be able to focus a lot better on the situation at hand (say when you notice that black and white car behind you has pretty red and blue lights and why for the love of god is he tailgating me and why won’t he pass me is that a Crown Victoria, aw crap!) but your fine motor skills (which is what FST’s test for) are still just as impaired.  What this translates to is when you’re driving under the influence of a drug (or alcohol) your reactions time, depth perception, special awareness, multitasking functionality, ect., all things which are essential to safe driving, are still just as impaired.  This is why it is so dangerous to drive while under the influence/impairment of any substance.  This also ties in nicely with the question of the long term use of marijuana and its effect on people.   i.e. how a ‘hit’ may effect a first time user vs a life time stoner.  Both a life time user of marijuana and an alcoholic may appear functionally able while under the influence of their drug of choice but their fine motor skills are just as diminished as BigMike’s would be after his first bong hit followed by shot gunning his first cold beer.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.