Author Topic: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!  (Read 10053 times)

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
Re: CA Prop 19 Failed to pass!
« on: Nov 03, 2010, 10:38:37 AM »
i think there are a lot of bad theories regarding what the legalization of pot will actually do for society..  the people that are pushing for leagalized pot feel for some reason that its going to bring down our taxes and give us some sort of money relief..   i dont know if they have actually read the stats but the usa is billions and trillions and quadzillions of dollars in debt..    the government will gladly accept money by taxing the crap out of something to make a profit but the truth is that what we owe is always going to go up.. never down. it might help it slow down briefly but it will never offset the money being spent over what is being made from legalized pot..  i dont know if you guys are taxed on your cigarrettes in the Usa but in canada they are taxed quite a bit and the money the government makes off of it doesnt pay back nothing..  my taxes go up like everyone elses..  now take a much much smaller percentage of people who feel the dope they buy is going to save us from higher taxes and i can guarantee you that it wouldnt even make a small hickup in how much we get taxed anyways..

i do completely agree that alcohol is the worst drug out there as far as being abused but thats because its the most easily gotten...  when you can buy booze at the 7-11 down the street and be back home within 5 minutes that has to tell you something..   people will always abuse something a lot more when they can get it more easily..   now take this same demographic of people that dont buy dope because its against the law or that cant get it easy and now make it legal...  what you have is a bunch of people that are smoking pot while driving, or doing some other activity that endangers me as well and i dont want to be a statistic because some guy was high while operating their vehicle and used bad judgment and cut me off, or my wife off in traffic and causing an accident or worse..

the other big thing that annoys me is that smoke dopers always say that its more healthy than smoking cigarettes...  WHAT??    you are still breathing in a carcinogen... and depending on the grade of the dope you smoke there potentilly can be thousands  more chemicals in that dope that you arent even aware of...  breathing in any burning smoking substance is obviously not good for you.. because of this,  i wish they would tax the heck out of cigarettes even more..  it drives up health care costs and its the number one preventable  disease maker.. how would smoking dope be anything less..
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs: