Author Topic: people on the rubicon  (Read 12172 times)

crazykooter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -369
  • Male Posts: 1,418
  • Member since Apr '09
  • Located in Byron, CA
    • View Profile
Re: people on the rubicon
« Reply #30 on: Jun 16, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
I think yall are missing the point with concealed weapons.  It doesnt matter if your legal or not.  The fact remains that if you are Carry a gun and then the chances of problems with the police and rangers gets worse.  Be it your legal sure but a fed park ranger has more legal authority then an FBI agent.  If you tell them right off the get go and make sure they understand you have a weapon he wont hold you up and more then likely wont look for other things.  I have a bunch of friends who are cops and it pisses them off when someone with a cwp doesnt disclose it.   There is just toooo many nuts out there. 

Now on the other side of the point I guess I lived in Yuba county for a while and had a cwp.  I was friends with the sheriff and she told me one thing after she gave it to me.  If I was going to use it in self defense,  When she shows up they better be dead.  Thats just cya since dead men dont tell stories.    :headshake:
The other thing I learned from her was that if I was pulled over while I was armed that I should always hand the officer my drivers license, insurance and my cwp.  Either or ive moved from that area and no longer have a cwp but some day I will be able to carry again.  I am ex military and was trained with side arms and rifles as well as having a security clearance which was a total was of tax payers money but it dose help when ya live in Cali.

If you have a gun with you when your wheelin that fine by me but I will hold you to a very high standard.  I DO NOT like idiots with guns and blame a lot of them for the problems we have with guns rights.

Just another fyi:  The second amendment was written in a time of war and what followed after.  Too many misunderstand the second amendment and often misquote it.  I personally believe in our right to bear arms but I also believe that the checks they run before you can take possession of a weapon are a good thing.

Here is a little quote from a wiki.
early American settlers viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes:
    * deterring undemocratic government;
    * repelling invasion;
    * suppressing insurrection;
    * facilitating a natural right of self-defense;(which was added later. In the original 2nd Amendment this was not there. This is what it said: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed)
    * participating in law enforcement;
    * slave control in slave states.
The reason I made that red was mainly due to the anti gun lobbyist using this as a main fighting point for a very long time.

Basically when your around other people with a weapon keep it out of site and even more so keep it stored safe.  Imo there is NO reason for a group of guys wheeling to all be carrying guns.  Sorry but bears dont tend to come near loud ars trucks.   Though I am glad to see no one in your group pulled theirs to make a point.  If you have never shot someone before then dont ever do it.  Ya Ya I sound like an old man but hey Respect is #1 in my world.   :beer: :beerchug: