Author Topic: 93 IFS Curb Crawler  (Read 45446 times)

PA_taco_13

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 309
  • Member since Dec '05
  • PA Muddin
    • View Profile
Re: 93 IFS Curb Crawler
« Reply #90 on: Feb 25, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
 :thumbdown:   well its lookin like its gonna be new motor time... :shakehead: :tantrum: my truck has been over heating lately and i think i might have a crack in the head.. the symptoms are as follows  over heats,fills the system with air,pushes all coolant to over flow bottle and then out the hose in the bottle on to the ground, top hose very hot bottom hose cool, also the motor has a high to low rev.  i have read that this is the coolant sensor not being surrounded with coolant   so i have replaced just about everything.. water pump, radiator,clutch fan is now an e-fan t-stat replaced 2 times once with napa 190*  newest t-stat factory toyota the sweet one, compression test was 170 psi #1-3, #4 was 150 psi i was told to replace all the hoses and i have bought a few but i don't think that's gonna be the fix.. :dunno: any suggestions

new motor from jasper engines $2002 <gotta use my timing chain cover and oil pan, must have my engine pulled and ready to go upon delivery of new motor>

many different engines on e-bay ranging from 1500 to 3000 <core required>

enginebldr complete rebuild  with street RV head and 268 cam steel rail t-chain all the goodies <somewhere around 800 but i have to find some one to put it all together>

I guess what i am saying is what would you do? or have you done? i know i'm not the only person to think about running a jasper engine or one from the net, i mean they sell them so some one is running one. i don't like the idea for giving up that kinda cash and not having my motor as a spare. i don't have the cash to call up LCE and dump 5k on a motor i really don't have the 2k for the others. maybe buy used head have it checked and jam it on and give er hell. :dunno:   all i do know is i need my truck up and running. i would like to keep this truck for awhile even though it needs a ton of fixing AKA motor issues  a hole in the frame, stupid g58 and chain drive t case.
 i have to many new parts to give up on the ole girl  :cool:
learn the hard way 

"my dixie wrecked"

east coast crawler