Author Topic: 84 takes a dive  (Read 2170 times)

84pickup

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 335
  • Member since May '07
  • Barnwell Mountain (stock) Texas TrailRiders Jam 08
    • View Profile
Re: 84 takes a dive
« on: Sep 25, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »
well it's kind of a funny story lol. i was on a small country road and i had noticed that i was just barely off in the grass. so i started easin back over on the road cause i knew how easily you can loose control in these trucks. or at least i've never had the best luck with not fishtailing in iffy conditions. well just as i started easing over the passenger side rear hit a rut and slipped in and then i over corrected and lost it. i couldn't recover so i just said screw it and left the truck going at a 45 degree angle in the middle of the road slowly going toward the side of the road. there a road that t'd into the road i was on and my side front went into the ditch first and sent me rolling. i was going about 30 or 35 when i rolled but i was probly going 45 or 50 when i was fishtailing. it was 6 in the morning so i think i only rolled once and i landed rubber side down amazingly enough. once i made sure me and my sis were okay i checked on the truck and picked up as much of my stuff off the road as i could and drove it home to asses the damage as quick as i could. then i called my freind and told him what happened and he came and took me to school for band practice. looking back on it and seeing as how me and my sister were all okay and i could still drive the truck, it was really pretty fun lol   :laugh: 

here's some before and after pics just for the hell of it. i had actually gotten close a few times to rolling it on a few trails though so it certainly got it's use out where it belonged.

After we cut the front half of the roof and re-welded it.  :flamer:

and here it is with me after i did the RE swap and i had it running on the first try! i really liked the swap and i'd suggest to anyone if you're thinking of doing it, do it. it's nice.

i just like this pic
lets not and say we did.