Author Topic: So i decided to dive in head first, the other day (Update 3/13/08)  (Read 5532 times)

chaseheadrick

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
I love the beef! Do it!
there's a joke in there, but i think im too new to say it. anyone else? :thumbs: just kidding

i might be putting a pause to the build. i applied for a mortgage the other day, and this would be my first home, so i want to save up as much money as i can. i might be broke for a while, but at least i can work on my truck at MY house :)
85 pickup, 35x13.5 toyos on 15x10 steelies, 2'' BL, 3'' sus. lift,
soon to get:
dual ultimate w/10* clock,
5.29s and Lockrites front and rear

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
I love the beef! Do it!

there's a joke in there, but i think im too new to say it. anyone else? :thumbs: just kidding

Haha, I'll say it then.....6.72 is a beef lover :gay:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile

i might be putting a pause to the build. i applied for a mortgage the other day, and this would be my first home, so i want to save up as much money as i can. i might be broke for a while, but at least i can work on my truck at MY house :)

Don't let a little beef put the build on pause!
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
Haha, I'll say it then.....6.72 is a beef lover :gay:

Haha...I guess I could have rephrased that.

Now everyone is going to think I am a rockwell driving sissy....
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

chaseheadrick [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Its been quite a while, went through a LOT of crap the past year or so, but finally got going on the truck again. So here are some pics...

here it is when i got started on the back half of the truck..

Just after the bed was pulled; got most of it stripped down and patched some holes, boxed in the very rear portion of the frame, welded in a new crossmember...

Okay.. big jump.. Here is the rear end hung, the diff is almost at the right angle, need to weld on the shocks, gas is about to be relocated, needs some new fuel lines and some extended wiring..

The dual cases going in...

Here is the new belly after the crossmember, skid plate, and gas tank relocated (you can just barley see the D.S. rear spring hanger to the left, and the D.S. front shackle hanger to the right); still need to do something with the exhaust, finish clearancing the floor board and build a new tunnel, and have a drive line built.

Getting started on the front... I mounted up the springs to the axle; just wanted to see what it looked like, i have since taken it apart and welded a gusset from 1/2" plate on the upper half...

I'll get a pic of the axle all put back together and hopefully hung by the end of this weekend. Meanwhile, I am working on my front drive shaft; I've got an interresting idea for it. When I get that finished, I'll post a pic and see what you all think.
Anyway, just wanted it to be known that I AM still working on my truck. See ya, Im off...  :flamer:
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2008, 04:35:28 PM by chaseheadrick »
85 pickup, 35x13.5 toyos on 15x10 steelies, 2'' BL, 3'' sus. lift,
soon to get:
dual ultimate w/10* clock,
5.29s and Lockrites front and rear