Author Topic: Team Izzy's new KOH/Werock buggy  (Read 7921 times)

ZukIzzy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -113
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Team Izzy's new KOH/Werock buggy
« on: Nov 19, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
Some thing I thought was pretty cool,

I have a few sets of coilovers but  no 14”x2” that I wanted as the coil carrier for the rear. I did have a set of 10”x2” no need to mention brand and about 5 feet of 7/8” nitro rod. So I ordered up a couple 14” coil over bodys from Rock Buggy Supply ( I should mention here how cool Scott has been with all the pricing and questions I have asked for. Not to mention getting parts fast and great prices) then I went to work @ the lathe  on a piece of nitro rod.

Here is the 10” shaft next to the new 14” shaft and a piece of nitro rod I had left over.

Then the shaft assembled and ready to install in the shock. You can see the valving notes that I took  on the notebook under the shaft. You may ask why I  built new shafts when you can buy a new on for around $30. One of the reason I love 4wheeling is the chance to build cool stuff and since I had the rod already I just wanted to see if I could do it.

Here is the steering column I made. It is a direct copy of the one Randy Slauson did on his new buggy. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I love his rig and could never dream of doing the work he does but I will borrow an Idea or 2 if I can.  The gauge panel was made for me custom by my 13 year old son about 10 minutes before the rig went on the trailer for the womens event. I may just leave it for fun.

Here is a pic of the brake booster and pedal bracket. As you can see I removed it from a parts samurai I have out back and installed it in the new buggy. It is amazing how dirty things look in pics. One other thing, it had not rained in 100 plus days in SoCal then the first day I have it out to be plumbed @ G&J it rains all the way up there and back. I also rained hard on the saturday night of the women”s event. Thats why the little bit of spot rusting.

The master cylinder portion which is from a 79 mercury with hydro boost and 4 wheel discs. It fits right on the sammy booster with a plunger swap from a YJ or XJ

That’s it for now.

Wayne