Author Topic: Kiyul4130s rig  (Read 502647 times)

Sluice Box Hero

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
Re: Kiyul4130s rig
« Reply #1230 on: Jul 25, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »
actually it was a little more involved than just fittings and adapters.

i had kyle get some fittings off a few trucks at the junk yard.  then i was able to cut the old toyota fittings off the lines and slip the GM stuff on there and flare the ends.  problem is that one of the fittings in the master cylinder is larger than the other because chevy used different line sizes front to rear.  so i went to napa with the MC and the fittings that kyle get from the JY and was able to adapt the smaller GM fitting into the larger hole on the MC.  from there it was pretty straight forward if you have ever done anything like that before.  the adapter plate was a pregnant dog, i ended up having to make 2 set of them because im retarded and for some reason fawked up the first on bad enough that i couldnt get it on the booster studs, but the second one i made is tits.  everything went well.  as far as the proportioning valve goes it will go on the pass side inner fender well area where the stock stuff starts to split off in every direction.  im just going to have kyle get some toyota to GM adapters for this area because is close quarters and i dont have to get in there in fear of fawking something else up. i was also able to removed the LSPV completely from the system and the truck for that matter.  the rear soft line will also get reused and an adapter will go on it as well.  the front lines are a little trickier because they use a banjo style caliper.  more than likely kyle will have some braided lines made locally to take the place of his current ones and just sell those to someone doing a toyota SAS.

Callen
"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman