Author Topic: Kiyul4130s rig  (Read 502610 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Kiyul4130s rig
« Reply #1110 on: May 28, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »
ya its gunna be hydro assist. im looking around at hysteer kits and there around $300-$350. then i found complete-offroads kit for $230. i noticed parts mike has 1 ton TRE's for $30 a peice. i just called a local steel place that i get metal from and 7ft of 1 1/2 OD 1/4 wall is $78. so i think i could do it significantly cheaper (little over half the cost) just piecing it. im thinking about cranes high steer arms... oh and as far as the previous owner. he wheels and just picked up my old front end off me yesterday.
I would recommend using OEM 80 tie rod ends...they are stamped Japan 555...You can get them from Marlin, All pro or the toy dealer. Beware some of the "other companies" cheaper kits...they use "CHINA" stamped ends and look like toothpicks next to the OEMs
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco