Author Topic: Fordyce Memorial weekend  (Read 28340 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: Fordyce Memorial weekend
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:57:27 AM »
I just remembered that it was Memorial weekend last time we were there and went all the way up to Meadow lake (through the trail) and down the main road back to the highway. We barely made it out in our wheelers due to the 10' plus drifts across the road so taking tow rigs/trailers up to Meadow is going to be not doable unless ALOT of snow is gone by then. I really want to do Fordyce but not too keen on the parking sitch at Cisco because of past problems with break-ins I've read about.

Any other solutions for secure parking for Fordyce?

other options:

Webilt guys are talking about Moonrocks -->awesome wheeling but can get boring for a long weekend. your tow rig/trailer is on site (good for security and having all your gear/spare parts right there)

Con--> Con is always fun and tow rig parking at the spillway is pretty safe. But like I said we'll be coming down again in Sept for the Roundup so back to back Con runs is kinda redundant.

just tossing out ideas - lets here yours!  :beer:

Well if thats the case and you dont go to Fordyce then I will for SURE go to rubicon. Moonrocks looks fun but I dont really want to go there with the lack of protection i have to my truck and I dont want to destroy it doing trails that I will want to for sure do. So doing something I cant do in my truck isnt really that funin my book so that one is out for me at this point...

I say we just might as well go to Rubicon if we arent going to Fordyce.

I know Callen (sluice box hero) and Colby will be going there so we might as well also.

wow

KYOTA, I think I am interested in this. I will keep watching this thread. I will not know if I can make it or not until after the 25th -- pending if I can get a lot of stuff down to my truck first.

BigMike

GET IT DONE MIKE!

We havent actually wheeled together since Hammers 2006!!!
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!