Author Topic: Number Two  (Read 66349 times)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
Re: Number Two
« Reply #60 on: Apr 24, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
It has a T19 trans and Tcase is a Dana 300 "I think".

Not sure what the ratios are in the trans or tcase, but the axles have 3.73's and a limited slip in the rear.  :ha_ha:

I think the clutches are already burnt up. I haven't decided what locker I plan to use yet, but will most likley wait till I figure out what ratio gears I want to run.

I may still have a 4.10 limited slip carrier if you want it. :ha_ha: You can have it for shipping cost, but it prolly needs new clutches too. With the dana carrier split deal, you will need different carriers in order to go lower gears in the diffs. If I rember correctly the split was at 3.73 and down, to 4.10 and up, and another in there somewhere. Come to think of it you might be able to get thicker gears in order to use your exhisting carriers. :headscratch:
The dana 300 tcase was only offered in 79, in scouts, and I think there are some rare 80 models out there too. 80 was the last year wasnt it? Oh man my head hurts. :headscratch: Its been a long time since I messed with anything other than a toyota.

Don't take the tech I'm trying to share as fact, couse it has been way to long since I wrenched on a dana axled rig.  :inthedark:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole