Author Topic: what is wrong with schools today?  (Read 8117 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: what is wrong with schools today?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 27, 2004, 02:41:59 PM »
When I was in high school, I had a teacher who was threatened as well.  When she reported it, the Administration said that they coudln't do anything unitl she had solid proof.  Apparently having 20 kids hear it isn't good enough.  The next day the kid did it again, talking about how the teacher couldn;t do anything about it and he could do or say whatever he wanted etc. and no one would do anything about it.  At lunch, several students, (myself and some other rugby players)  had a little chat with the student causing the problems.  We didn't touch him, and he wasn't harmed in anyway.  We just explained what would happen if he acted out of turn again.  He reported it, and we got in a lot more trouble than he did, and he didn't even have any witnesses.  But he did start behaving (too bad :()  How is that for a screwed up system???
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent