Author Topic: Readers Rides  (Read 214396 times)

GrimReaper

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 58
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Readers Rides
« Reply #270 on: Aug 22, 2004, 07:36:27 AM »
Ok a couple of stockers.
The gray one I bought for $300 It actually runs and suposidly the 22R was rebuilt about 50k ago but I can confirm. The A/C even appears to work. The Transmission was missing. The guy I bought it form was in the process of parting it and had pulled the interrior and dash. It's mostly there but has to be reinstalled.

After looking at transmission options and goals I decided to get a different truck that had more of what I wanted.  I gave this truck to a good friend but I keep the axles, transfer case and engine. Engine I will sell complete minus the accessories. Rear axle I will also sell. Transfer case will be used for a Crawler.

My buddy that I gave the truck to will ultimatly end up putting it on 35's. He has a 80 truck that has been rolled then got a cab swap. Originaly the drive train and axles were going to end up ounder that Runner but he ran accross a deal for a 84 E-cab that has good drive train but tittle problems and no roof. He's still working out the deatails and  He just had kiddo #2 so needs the back seat. But new babay has put things on a back burner.

The Red Runner I just bought. It is a SR5 with all the goodies and sun roof. Petty as it sound a Factory roof was a major part of why I didn't want to build the other runner. Seemed pointless to me to be able to remove the rear roof but still have a roof over the river and passanger. My last wheel was a K5 Roadster and I really dig the topless thing. A Kayline top came with this runner.I picked it up for $1400 but it had a run problem and a tranny proablem. Rebuilt the tranny myself but still sorting out the run problem.  It will end up SAS, Cross over high steer, 33-35 but it need to remain streetable. I am leaning towards the 33's to keep brakes a bit more happy and better road maners. Exo cage is a stong possiblility. proably do a 2 inch body and push the drive line up. Ofcourse I plan a Marlin Crawler.  :thumbs:
Once I get all my parts in one pile I'll do a build up post.