Author Topic: 03 NOV- Utah- 5MP.  (Read 9957 times)

Fearofrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 620
  • Member since Dec '06
  • HOW AN 84 SHOULD LOOK
    • View Profile
Re: 03 NOV- Utah- 5MP.
« on: Nov 01, 2007, 08:47:18 AM »
bwahahahaha old reliable thats good! starter pains, tranny bearings go bad, rear u joint is going bad, leaf spring pack bolts broke, exhaust disintegrated for an unknown reason, climate control temperature lever broke. it aint so bad though, these problems arent unexpected with the kinda miles it has though. now all that needs work is the rear u joint and the climate control lever, as well as rebuilding the starter. i can get a rebuild kit for about 35 bucks though so thats not bad. and the paint job which i began sanding and removing the pinstripeing yesturday.

for fuel economy while i'm with the military i've got my motorcycle so i'm not too worried there.

not gonna accomplish anything today and maybe tomorrow, seems like i got the stomach bug my mom and dad had. will be good by saturday though.

Yeah but has it ever quit on you? Never, and you said yourself that the starter wasn't the problem it was the clutch cancel switch.  And judging buy the condition it was in when you first got it it seems like the PO didn't really care too much about it.  So that might explain the bad tranny bearings the rust from bottom to top and u-joints go out on everything.  Hell dan you had more trouble with the chevy the first time you took it wheelin then you have had the numerous times wheelin with the runner.  I know i'm a die hard toyota fan but there is good reason for that, and i think you can see it too with me and alans runners and the very few problems we've had with them. But your a texan and texans drive big trucks so that i can understand.  :)