Author Topic: Sierra National Forest. Public Meetings Next Week on OHV Route Desgination  (Read 6159 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I think from my talking with Ed Cole at the Sierra Nation Forest Service office What everyone is missing is that the rules or laws governing trail rights and the uses of them under the now current 6800 foot elevation laws will be changed for ever and this will allow the Forest Service to continue to change what is a trail or not.  By giving them the power to classify the type of trails and putting them on their maps gives them the way in which the can yearly update the maps and remove more and more trails from our use.  We need to ask questions like what about the use by disable people and families with limited vacation time....has anyone thought about how much impact the forest service will be putting on the existing trails by taking away the rights to use some of them ....what public commission started the whole thing?....are we not the public?....is it not public land?......lets ask for more trails new ones in other better managed areas to replaced any that they plan to reclassify or remove from their maps.....but must importantly we must all work together, united we stand, but divided we fall.  So ask anyone you know hunters, ands their gun clubs, fisherman and their clubs, hikers and their clubs, anyone you know that loves the forest and lets all try and make a difference in how our public land is allowed to be used.  Sorry for the long post this is something I feel strongly about as I am sure many of you do.

Don't apologize.... we need all the help we can get and stuff like this is great!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -