Author Topic: sierra natl forest deis public meetings  (Read 4411 times)

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 490
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
sierra natl forest deis public meetings
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
well its is time agian for them to show us what they plan to do with our forest the first puplic meeting will be in oakhurst on tuesday may 5 at 4:30 is the open house the real stuff starts at 6:30 at the community center on rd 425B.  more info can be found at   www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/projects/ohv/index.shtml    please try to go to this meeting or any of the others they offer its is our last chance for them to here what we want open to use.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

madhunt [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Re: sierra natl forest deis public meetings
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »
everybody that can please show up
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

splasher

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 56
  • Male Posts: 231
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »
I missed the meeting tonight, hoping to make as many of the others as I can.....

madhunt [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
there is one in madera thursday night
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

splasher

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50:59 PM »
there is one in madera thursday night
Yeah, I saw. That's not too incredibly far of a drive for me, if I can go I'll end up bringing the kids with me. We'll see if it works out.

In the e-mail I got, there was no date for the Clovis or Prather meetings. Do you happen to know when those 2 are gonna be?

madhunt [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:05:13 PM »
in the link you can find where all the meeting will be i see when i et home tonight if i can scan in the sheet i have at home with the whole list.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:27:06 PM »
saw the article on the sports page today about this....upsetting
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

madhunt [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »
could not upload sheet told me file was to big
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 10:38:25 PM »
The follwing is info on the meetings next week. Please if you can attend them all or 1 do so.

I went to the one in Visalia last week. Very poor turn out. Only 12 people showed up. We were almost out numbered by F.S. employees. I will be going to the one in Clovis as well.

Dear Forest Users:

This past week we completed three informational meetings is Oakhurst, Madera and Visalia.   Thanks to those of you that were able to come out and join us at these meetings and learn about the proposal to designate a system of roads, trails and areas for motorized travel in the Sierra National Forest.

This coming week the informational meetings will be held in Mariposa, Prather and Clovis.  All workshops will begin with an open house from 4:30 pm-6pm.  At 6:30 pm will be a presentation on the DEIS, followed by a workshop for those wanting more information.   We have also added a meeting in Merced on May 29.  Information is below:

Mariposa-Monday, May 11th, Mariposa County Board of Supervisor?s Chambers, 5100 Bullion Street, Mariposa, CA.

Prather-Tuesday, May 12th, Foothill Middle School, Multi-Purpose Room, 29147 Auberry Road, Prather, CA.

Clovis-Wednesday, May 13th, Clovis Veterans Memorial Building, Independence Room, 808 4th Street, Clovis, CA.

Merced-Friday May 29, UC Cooperative Extension, 2145 Wardrobe Ave.  Merced, CA 95341 (meeting will be from 5pm-9pm)

If you plan on attending the informational workshops and have a special accessibility need, please contact Sue Exline at (559) 297-0706, ext. 4804 for accommodations.

After the initial informational workshops, the Sierra National Forest will be conducting eight drop-in workshops for the public.  The drop-in workshops will allow you to stop by a Forest Service office and discuss the DEIS and its contents.  The drop-in workshops are as follows:

North Fork-4-8pm-Tuesdays, May 26th and June 9th, Saturday, June 11th, Bass Lake Ranger Station, 57003 Road 225, North Fork, CA  93643

Prather- 4pm-8pm-Wednesdays, May 27th and June 10th, High Sierra Ranger Station, 29688 Auberry Road Prather, CA 93651

Clovis-4pm-8pm-Thursdays, May 28th  and June 11th, Saturday June 13th, Sierra National Forest Headquarters, 1600 Tollhouse Road, Clovis, CA  93611

For those of you that can not make it to any of the public workshops, we will be conducting a Motorized Travel Managment Webinar.   A webinar allows anyone with a computer and phone to listen to a presntation regarding the motorized travel management process for the Sierra National Forest.   I will be sending more details out next week.  We will also be be glad to make a presentationa to your group or organization, if requested.  Please contact us at sierra.route@fs.fed.us.

Many of you have mentioned to me that the local  businesses were not aware of what the Sierra National Forest is proposing for Motorized Travel.  I have enlosed a flyer that you are welcome to distribute to any of your local businesses who might be interested in displaying for their patrons.

Finally, if you have not gotten a copy of the  Motorized Travel Mangement DEIS, please send your  request to: sierra.route@fs.fed.us, (please include ?Information Request? in the subject line).  The document is also available on-line at www.fs.fed.us/r5/sierra/projects/ohv/index.shtml and at any Sierra National Forest office.  Remember public comments are due by June, 15, 2009.

Again, thanks for your participation and your efforts to better understand what the Sierra National Forest is proposing for motorized travel managment.  Have a good weekend.

Sue Exline
Public Affairs Officer
Sierra National Forest

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 08:51:31 AM »
I will do my best to go to the clovis one!
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

splasher

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »
Can't make Mariposa, too far of a drive.

Come hell or high water I'll be at Prather, I'll have my kids, but I'll be there. I'll round up whoever I can for that one.

I might not be in town for Clovis, a shame as it's the closest. If I can be there I will.

splasher

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »
Change of plans.

Decided to go after all, gonna leave out around 4pm meeting a buddy in Oakhurst to carpool over, should be there around 5 or so.....hope to see some fellow wheelers there. I might have an extra seat in the back of the mommymobile, so if somebody needs a ride over I could squeeze in 1 or 2 more.

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 03:11:14 PM »
ttt

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
Something came up....cant make it!  :maddest: