Author Topic: Sierra National Forest. Public Meetings Next Week on OHV Route Desgination  (Read 6155 times)

BirdDog

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 284
  • Male Posts: 239
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile

The Sierra National Forest will be holding 4 open houses starting next
week.  This open houses will be at:

Mariposa-  Monday, September 24th - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm  - Best Western
Yosemite Way, 4999 State Hwy 140

Clovis - Tuesday, September 26th -   6:30 pm - 9:00 pm - Sierra NF
Headquarters, 1600 Tollhouse Road

Prather -  Thursday, September 27th -  6:30 pm - 9:00 pm - High
Sierra Ranger Station, 29688 Auberry Road

Oakhurst - Tuesday, October 2nd  - 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm -Oakhurst
Community Center, Road 425B

The agenda for these meetings will begin with an overview of the OHV route
designation process and Recreation Facility Analysis.  The group will then
take 45 minutes to look over maps on the walls and aske ID team members
questions.  After the review of the maps, we will come back together as a
group for questions and answers.

Hope to see you there.

Sue Exline
Public Affairs Officer
Sierra National Forest
Phone:  (559) 297-0706 ext 4804
Cell Phone: (559) 289-9459
E-Mail:  skexline@fs.fed.us

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
I wrote Sue the following today.

Sue

Thanks for the info. I have one question. On the email it says the meeting at tollhouse in Clovis is on Tuesday September 26th. On the letter that was sent out it shows Wednesday Sept. 26th. According to my calendar the 26th is on a Wednesday. Can you please clarify.

John.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Thank you BirdDog, What does this mean? I'm not quite understanding.... :headscratch:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
I think the Forest Service is going to show the public on paper their analysis & plan for which roads & trails they intend to close. Then hopefully the will give us a time to ask questions & make comments.

The first letter we recieved said there would be no ?'s or comments allowed but I see now in this email this has changed.

I encourage all who love this way of life to attend  any and or all of these meetings. Like has been said many times. We need to show them by our #'s that we care & we will get involved.

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
Here is the response I received from Sue today :

The Clovis meeting is on Wednesday, September 26 (not Tuesday as I had put
in the earlier email.)   Thanks  to many of you for bring this to my
attention.  Tonight is the first meeting in Mariposa.  Hope to see you
there.

Sue Exline

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

That's the same street I live on :headscratch: If that's Sacramento.

Calling BLINGN! We're goin if that's the case..

Come awn Sac folks!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
Sorry FFC these meetings are all down in the Central Valley area around Fresno for the Sierra National Forest. I'm sure that the Eldorado National Forest should be holding the same kind of meetings up in your area.

Even so please attend if you can.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Sorry FFC these meetings are all down in the Central Valley area around Fresno for the Sierra National Forest. I'm sure that the Eldorado National Forest should be holding the same kind of meetings up in your area.

Even so please attend if you can.

Gotchya.. okay.. well Central Cali folk, git yer :moon: out there :kickbutt:

:greengrin: Good luck!!

LCOwner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 302
  • Member since Dec '02
  • Have you seen his shop OMG!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Cruiser Build-up page.
Bump for the Clovis meeting tonight.
'71 FJ40, 350 TPI/420, 4.70/mini, 60's/5.38/42's, under construction.
'83 FJ60, SOA underway.  Soon to have a Police 350TBI/700R4/.....
Hill Hoppers Central Valley 4 Wheelers - Founding Member
Four Wheel Drive Club of Fresno - #1127

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 490
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
THE OAKHUST MEETING IS TOMARROW HOW MUCH SUPPORT WILL BE AT THAT MEETING, I WILL BE THERE, ANYONE ELSE????
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
OAKHURST IS TONIGHT LETS HAVE A BIG TURNOUT!!
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
OCTOBER 20 IN OAKHURST AT OCI THERE WILL BE A WORKSHOP TO ADD ANY RAOD AND TRAIL TO THERE MAP, ON THE 26TH IT WILL BE IN CLOVIS AT THE HEADQUATORS, PLEASE SHOW UP TO THESE WORKSHOPS IF YOU WANT YOUR TRAILS ON THE MAP SO WE THE PEOPLE CAN USE THEM.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

BirdDog [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '03
    • View Profile
OCTOBER 20 IN OAKHURST AT OCI THERE WILL BE A WORKSHOP TO ADD ANY RAOD AND TRAIL TO THERE MAP, ON THE 26TH IT WILL BE IN CLOVIS AT THE HEADQUATORS, PLEASE SHOW UP TO THESE WORKSHOPS IF YOU WANT YOUR TRAILS ON THE MAP SO WE THE PEOPLE CAN USE THEM.

The one in Clovis is on a Saturday & I believe it is 10/27/07
Also if you come bring GPS coordinates  of the trails you want to be left open.

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
thanks for the info guys , you rock keep it up

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
The one in Clovis is on a Saturday & I believe it is 10/27/07
Also if you come bring GPS coordinates  of the trails you want to be left open.

ACCORDING TO THEIR FLYER  "COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FRIDAY OCTOBER 26, 2007"   THAT IS IN BOLD LETEERS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE YELLOW FLYER THEY HANDED OUT IN OAKHURST.  THEY DID MENTION THAT THE MAY BE A DELAY IN PROGRESS BUT DO NOT COUNT ON IT. 

ON TUESDAY OCT. 9 AT 6 PM AT THE NORTH FORK OFFICE THERE WILL BE A MEETING TO ADOPT TRAILS NOW SO THEY WILL BE KEPT THROUGH THIS PROCESS SINCE THEY WILL BE MANAGE BY THE PEOPLE OR GROUPS THAT ADOPT THEM.  SO IF YOU WANT TO ADOPT A TRAIL OR TRAILS SO THEY WILL BE KEPT THEN PLEASE ATTEND THIS MEETING. IT COVER ALL OF THE SEIRRA NTL. FOREST. AND IS OPEN TO ANY USA CITAZEN.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
The date has been moved 45 days

Oct 20th 9-5pm there will be a meeting in oakhurst

Oct 27th 9-5pm there will be a meeting in clovis

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
tonight is the night to adopt a trail so we can keep it, and not have it shut down. starts at 6pm in north fork at the forest service office. lets adopt as many trails as we can to keep them open.
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

Craftsman

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
I think from my talking with Ed Cole at the Sierra Nation Forest Service office What everyone is missing is that the rules or laws governing trail rights and the uses of them under the now current 6800 foot elevation laws will be changed for ever and this will allow the Forest Service to continue to change what is a trail or not.  By giving them the power to classify the type of trails and putting them on their maps gives them the way in which the can yearly update the maps and remove more and more trails from our use.  We need to ask questions like what about the use by disable people and families with limited vacation time....has anyone thought about how much impact the forest service will be putting on the existing trails by taking away the rights to use some of them ....what public commission started the whole thing?....are we not the public?....is it not public land?......lets ask for more trails new ones in other better managed areas to replaced any that they plan to reclassify or remove from their maps.....but must importantly we must all work together, united we stand, but divided we fall.  So ask anyone you know hunters, ands their gun clubs, fisherman and their clubs, hikers and their clubs, anyone you know that loves the forest and lets all try and make a difference in how our public land is allowed to be used.  Sorry for the long post this is something I feel strongly about as I am sure many of you do.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I think from my talking with Ed Cole at the Sierra Nation Forest Service office What everyone is missing is that the rules or laws governing trail rights and the uses of them under the now current 6800 foot elevation laws will be changed for ever and this will allow the Forest Service to continue to change what is a trail or not.  By giving them the power to classify the type of trails and putting them on their maps gives them the way in which the can yearly update the maps and remove more and more trails from our use.  We need to ask questions like what about the use by disable people and families with limited vacation time....has anyone thought about how much impact the forest service will be putting on the existing trails by taking away the rights to use some of them ....what public commission started the whole thing?....are we not the public?....is it not public land?......lets ask for more trails new ones in other better managed areas to replaced any that they plan to reclassify or remove from their maps.....but must importantly we must all work together, united we stand, but divided we fall.  So ask anyone you know hunters, ands their gun clubs, fisherman and their clubs, hikers and their clubs, anyone you know that loves the forest and lets all try and make a difference in how our public land is allowed to be used.  Sorry for the long post this is something I feel strongly about as I am sure many of you do.

Don't apologize.... we need all the help we can get and stuff like this is great!!

Craftsman

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
Hey FFC has anyone thought of bringing up a Historical land mark/use kinda of thing for the Rubicon?  It is in the Forests EIR own words considered the first and oldest "OHV Trail in the US" maybe that would help get funding from the Fed's or cause more problems with us being allowed to use it.
I don't know just thought I throw that out there.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Hey FFC has anyone thought of bringing up a Historical land mark/use kinda of thing for the Rubicon?  It is in the Forests EIR own words considered the first and oldest "OHV Trail in the US" maybe that would help get funding from the Fed's or cause more problems with us being allowed to use it.
I don't know just thought I throw that out there.

I believe bringing something like that up would work against us :dunno: , You know, 'It's a historical landmark, let's preserve it' type of excuse.  But if it's approached right.... could make a difference :thumbs: