We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: New Product - Marlin Crawler Vehicle Speed Sensor  (Read 65046 times)

hunt4steve

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Jul '03
  • AAAaaack!
    • View Profile
    • Hunt4Steve
Well, after digging through the junk yard, I found the CORRECT sensor for my '99 4Runner Limited.
Some background to this thread of mis-information:

I have a '99 4Runner Limited that uses the ABS sensors for its speed sensors. In the tail-shaft of the transfer case, I have a plug where a speed sensor would normally plug into. In looking for the correct speed sensor, I followed the information provided in this thread. Well, the informatin is incorrect. Not all V6, Chain drive transfer cases from '88 to '04, have the same speed sensor. This is absolutely incorrect.
so after posting many unanswered questions for follow up assistance, I went to the junk yard and found what I needed.

Needless to say, it appears nobody from Marlin is interested in actually getting the correct information out to the public.

I found the sensor I needed, the fat one, in a '98 4x4 Tacoma with an Automatic transmission. This sensor has the thick body like this one:

but, has the electronics already built into the speed sensor, instead of the mechanical output, as the one above shows.
There were other Tacos trannys there that did have the exact sensors as shown above. But, ya gotta look around the junk yard to find exactly what you need. I wouldn't expect any accurate information from this board on the sensors, you're gonna have to do the digging yourself. In fact, the mis-information has already cost me close to $50 bucks. I now have a brand new speed sensor and gear from the dealership I can't use.

Good luck.